Based in Barcelona, Qustodio is a fast-growing internet safety startup whose mission is to provide a safe digital experience for every child. Our top product is a multi-platform parental control solution that is used and loved by hundreds of thousands of families worldwide. Qustodio has been rated Editors’ Choice by PC Magazine and is one of the leading brands worldwide for Digital Wellbeing.
We are looking for a Full-stack Engineer to help us bring our product to the next level! The candidate would join our international Engineering Team and work together with engineers, UX experts, and other stakeholders. They should be a team player with a passion for technology.
Above all, we’re looking for a talented professional, who's open for a great challenge and willing to learn new technologies, and ready to do whatever it takes to keep our customers and the business happy.
What You’ll Do
- Achieve excellence in development by contributing knowledge in leading technologies.
- Develop and implement systems using best practices and tools, document and communicate them, and optimize the user experience across Qustodio.
- Develop applications and tools to support experimentation, localization, and customization.
- Make complex things simple and build applications for millions of users worldwide.
- Be creative and bold to experiment with new solutions.
What you bring to the table
- A computer science background or similar
- Testing is a dogma, you don’t write new code without tests
- Autonomy to create new projects from scratch
- You have implemented REST APIs
- Interested in other programming languages such as Python, Ruby… (Golang, Rust, Kotlin, Swift…)
- Fluent in English (we work in English)
Bonus points for:
- You're experienced with either Jasmine or Mocha;
- You're an open-source contributor, and the proud owner of an active GitHub account (send us the link, we'll be happy to check it out)
- Strong experience in agile workflow and all the tools that go with it;
- Experience working in the security space is a plus.
Soft skills that we like to hire
- Ability to work and communicate in a dynamic team environment;
- Innovative thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Pro-active and collaborative mindset;
- Organized and effective personal time management.
Why work with us?
Great question! Here are few reasons...
- We’re in the very center of Barcelona, on the beautiful and emblematic Passeig de Gràcia
- Great culture - friendly and emphasizes both teamwork and fun
- Our company is home to over 15 nationalities
- Flexible working hours - and there are possibilities to work from home
- Interesting challenges on networking, security, and scalability for you to grind your skills
- Competitive salary range
- In-house training and team building events
- Fully equipped kitchen with free coffee and fruits
- Free refreshments on Fridays afternoons
- Half day off on your b'day
- Private health insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- 23 days of holidays per year