PAGANTIS is an established Spanish fintech company founded in 2011 which provides automated, friction-free ‘buy now pay later’ services to large and small merchants in Spain, Italy, and France.
The company has been recently acquired by Afterpay Touch Group (an Australian listed company with a market cap of AU$ 27 bn and global leading operations in the ‘buy now pay later’ industry) and is to serve as a platform for European expansion in the months to come.
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most-loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world-class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
With 8 million+ customers across 45,000+ merchants, Afterpay is the market leader in the fast-growing ‘buy now, pay later’ industry in Australia, UK, and the US. Afterpay pioneered this new way to pay with our digital platform and service revolutionizing the retail sector by allowing consumers to purchase life’s little essentials and repay in installments without having to enter into a traditional loan or pay upfront fees and interest. Beyond that, we also offer innovative digital transaction services for major organizations in telecommunications, health, and convenience retail.
Relevant links and media:
Because we are expanding internationally we are looking for a Full Stack Engineer who will join the Merchants team in our development center in Barcelona.
You will be part of our diverse and international department, working in a cross-functional development team. Merchants team is responsible for high-availability services that provide our merchants with consumer split payments solutions in their e-commerce across Europe.
You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining robust, real-time REST API services applications and front end applications to support back offices, working close to other development teams to provide disruptive fintech services.
We want you to join us in the adventure of the European expansion of our product. Due to our recent acquisition, we intend to become the engines of Afterpay’s growth, and for that to face and solve high-complexity and exciting challenges on a daily basis.
You will join a collaborative team of highly skilled and talented people, working together in an agile environment. We are looking for smart, passionate, talented, and motivated people, who get things done and are natural team players, able to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Deliver high quality, tested, maintainable and well-structured code, as well as supporting documentation.
- Architect and develop internal APIs and microservices for supporting services for our product.
- Develop and test public web interfaces for our merchants.
- Own the entire cycle of business features, including Q/A, monitoring and devops.
- Develop, deliver and monitor new features that satisfy our customers.
- Maintain and improve existing tools, contributing with smart ideas and solutions to the good evolution of the current services.
- Work in a fast paced business driven agile environment.
We are looking for a full stack software engineer with strong React and general front end experience, as well as with testing and CSS frameworks.
Required skills and experience:
- At least 2 years of professional development experience with React.
- Experience with some backend language and web framework technologies.
- Experience in Agile methodologies.
- Follow best practices when developing software, delivering simple, efficient, well tested and designed code.
- Test driven mindset.
- Business driven mindset for delivering software solutions within a product team.
- Knowledge of software design and architecture in server side applications.
- A team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas as well as getting to agreements.
- Fluency in English.
- Willing to learn and face new challenges.
- Experience with Java.
- Experience in Spring Boot.
- Experience with Mongo databases.
- CI/CD experience.
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive economical package (flexible compensation plan)
- Career Development Opportunities (constantly learning new technologies, and professionally grow)
- Training Program
- Extended Annual Holiday Leave
- Flexible Working Hours (half-day on Fridays)
- Fresh organic fruit, Coffee & Tea
- Team Building Activities
- Employee Referral System
- English & Spanish classes
- Friendly and supportive team
- Great working environment