FilledThis offer is not available anymore
After 4 years of intense research and product development on breakthrough digital mental health solutions; we launched as Koa Health in October 2020. Having recently secured a successful and oversubscribed Series A funding totaling €30m (ca.$36M) we are continuing to grow our global team.
As a digital mental health company, we are dedicated in bringing high-quality mental healthcare to people around the world. We launched our first commercial product in the US and UK in February 2020 (Foundations) and 2021 is focused on driving Foundations growth, and launching our first treatment support product, Mindset, alongside developing our product pipeline through our ongoing US collaborations, centered on Massachusetts General Hospital. You can find out more about our products viahttps://www.koahealth.com/
To read more about our recent funding and a little about our CEO and vision, click the below link;https://www.koahealth.com/blog-post/meet-koa-health
About the role
We are looking for talented engineers in Barcelona (flexible to remote work from other cities in Spain, UK and the Netherlands), that can contribute technically and also from a business perspective. You will join our engineering team (around 30 engineers) in one of our product pods (6-8 engineers) and work on mobile apps and backend services, from definition to deployment, collaborating with QA and DevOps.
From a development perspective, we have implemented a career ladder so our Team Leads can help you take control and enable your personal progression. Also we're always looking to use the latest technologies and have a way of working that allows us to help mentor team members technically too.
We don’t care about your experience, it doesn’t matter if you are a junior or a senior; we want people who take pride in their work, are eager to learn and share their knowledge. If you are curious about us but think you don’t match our tech stack then feel free to apply - we are looking for attitude rather than knowledge and we would still like to meet you.
The purpose of Koa Health is to develop products that are truly effective in delivering high quality, digital mental health care; we want to work with like-minded people who can help us achieve our goal to create the most widely used products in this space.
We are looking for a Fullstack Engineer to join our Digital Therapeutics unit. You will help us deliver rigorous, evidence based digital therapies that combine the very best of medical device quality and safety with consumer application best practice.
- Angular or React front-end for web.
- Flutter for mobile devices.
- NodeJS + TypeScript for the backend running on a Kubernetes infrastructure in the Cloud.
- Understand, curate, implement and estimate a user story.
- Participate proactively in team technical meetings and discussions.
- Participate proactively in backlog grooming and plannings.
- Implement new features, refactors and fixes and reason about the solution adopted.
- Write tests for components and modules.
- Architecting servers and services that enable new product features.
- Work with a product lead and design team.
- Work independently and as a team, participating in code reviews.
- Direct ownership and end-to-end responsibility for the entire software development life cycle: analysis, development, testing and deployment.
- Support software documentation efforts under our Quality Management System (QMS) towards FDA clearance.
- Complete QMS training as required.
-Experience with Unit Testing.
- Familiarity with Typescript.
- Highly motivated and experienced professional focused on creating an energized environment with a 'Getting things done' attitude.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and unexpected obstacles, modifying work methods to accomplish goals.
- Good level of English.
Nice to Have
- Experience as a mobile developer with native (Android, iOS) and/or using hybrid frameworks (Ionic, Flutter or React-Native).
- Use of dev-tools (profiling and debugging)
- Experience working with Software as Medical Device (SaMD) or regulated medical device software.
Why Koa Health?
We are at the forefront of innovation in the MedTech arena, working on one of the hottest topics of today – behavioral health. By working with us, in whatever role, you get to make a true impact on the lives of others.
Aside from this, we provide all the necessary support and perks to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable all year round, such as:
● Flexibility – we’re hiring your skills and experience, so ask you to use these in the most effective way you can. At the moment we are mostly working from home, however, post COVID 19 we’re happy to review this with you.
● A democratic team culture that encourages everybody to contribute ideas and acquire new skills, we have regular catch-ups as a global team and have the opportunity to work cross-functionally as needed.
● A fantastic salary package that includes: Generous Healthcare Benefits, Ticket Restaurant, Pension, Life Assurance, and Equity.
● Finally, as a business we are focused on supporting your wellbeing throughout COVID and beyond, we provide you with a Wellness Allowance and Wellness Leave to help manage both your mental and physical health as you see fit.
An Inclusive Workplace
Koa Health is committed to workplace diversity and to cultivating, fostering, and preserving a culture of inclusion. We believe that bringing our diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives together is the way to solve today’s complex health problems in a booming digital era.
Our goal is to create a culture and environment where our people feel empowered to do their best work whilst being their authentic selves. We commit to creating an inclusive environment where we recognize the rights of all individuals to mutual respect and where there is an unbiased acceptance of others.
If you are as excited as us by the future we can create, then do get in touch.