3scale's mission is to enable an API driven Web - providing tools and infrastructure for companies and individuals to open, manage and consume APIs. Our tools help people to open their data, publish new services and above all create new opportunities for innovation / business.
APIs are becoming the lifeblood of the Web - take the chance to help build some of the tools that are enabling this revolution! You'll also be joining an awesome team at all levels - from product innovation to cutting edge engineering.
3scale's Engineering team develops and maintains our API Management system comprised of traffic control component (pure Ruby) that must be high-availability, low-latency and high volume. The API Management Console is a Ruby on Rails application for customers to configure and manage their APIs through our UI and our APIs.
Technologies involved include Ruby, Ruby-on-Rails, HTML5, CSS3, JS,
ECMA6, jQuery, Sidekiq, REDIS, HAProxy, NGINX, LUA, OpenResty, etc.
Tools and services we use to develop, test, operate and monitor include: Jenkins, CodeClimate, GitHub, AirBrake, Grafite, Grafana, Kibana, AWS, Mesos/Marathon, etc.
The position of Senior full-stack developer involves putting your skills to the test in developing a high performance, high-availability system with excellent usability. Responsibilities will include leading projects and/or teams, mentoring more junior developers, working with Product Management and company management to develop and execute plans for existing and new product areas.
- Have a strong theoretical and practical knowledge of Computer Science, Languages, Algorithms, and especially technologies involved in developing a large, complex distributed and web system like ours. Strong knowledge of HTTP, REST, Authentication, Security, etc.
- Have at least 5 years experience developing production applications in a team environment using the technologies listed above - with special emphasis on Ruby, Ruby-on-Rails, Front-End Web technologies, Cloud deployments.
- Have worked as part of a larger development team that interacts with other parts of the organisation such as Product Management, Operations, Support, etc.
- Have excellent written and spoken communications (English), analytical and problem solving skills.
- Are familiar with using git, continuous integration, etc
- Have a sense of accountability, commitment to task and quality
- Have a willingness to learn from and to teach others
- Have experience and ability to plan and prioritise your own work and the work of others, and experience leading/coordinating a team and mentoring others
- EU citizen or a working permit for the EU
- Cutting edge of the evolution of the Web, our customers are doing new and exciting things in Web tech and mobile.
- Highly motivated multi-cultural team spread across two continents
- Barcelona office is in the city centre with a great open space, balcony and quick access to all the important parts of the city including the beach
- Regular team events, internal presentations and hack events
- Salary based on experience and always very competitive
Our goal is to enable organizations and institutions worldwide, large and small, to successfully open, manage, and use APIs. We do it as openly as possible, and always with community in mind.
With offices in San Francisco USA, and Barcelona Spain. We’re a growing global team and there is plenty of opportunity to learn from others and share your smarts. We work hard, play often, and just generally enjoy each others’ company. Join us.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!