TransferWise is an international money transfer startup with over 1 million customers worldwide. Co-founded by Skype’s first employee, the innovative platform is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Sir Richard Branson, and PayPal founder Max Levchin, and led by an experienced team, including Paypal’s former director of product and Google Europe’s former head of finance. We're disrupting the world of international money transfers with transparency and low fees.
We’re looking for Product Engineers to join our team to make a real difference in the world’s largest and most competitive market. Here at TransferWise we don’t hire coders, who pick up tickets from a backlog and push code to production. Our engineers empathise with our customers’ problems, develop impactful solutions and measure results. We hire engineers that empathise with our customers problems, develop solutions and measure results.
We’re proud of engineering team - it's built an incredible product that’s changing the world. They operate autonomously within their teams, focussing relentlessly on our customers.
What you will be working on:
- Maintenance of TransferWise FPS integration
- Improve customers experience of UK payments
- Implement and maintain instant payments to GBP
- Extending variety of services TransferWise can provide to customers in UK
- Passionate about technology and it’s relationship with business and user experience.
- Ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems.
- Good understanding of payment systems in UK (FPS, BACS, CHAPS)
- Experience using Spring Boot, Spring Integration and TCP/IP streams
- Experience developing with Angular.js
- Experience working with SQL databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas.
- Experience working with Oracle DB Cluster on Oracle Linux.
- Experience working with ACI Software
- Experience building secure messaging infrastructure using Hardware security module (HSM)
- Understanding of test driven development (TDD), the ability to structure your code so it’s testable, and the desire to write tests.
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product and conversion rates.
- Possess empathy for the user and able to build great code that drives fantastic user experience.
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Be willing to travel, to work and learn with dev teams in Estonia and Ukraine.
- Excitement to work in a high-growth company, and throw themselves fully into a revolution.
- Be open, communicative, and fun to work with.
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of Scrum and Agile development
- Experience using database abstraction layers like Hibernate.
- Be a customer of TransferWise
Closing date for applications - 2nd of Jan 2017
Salary - £52,000 - £57,000
Some important stuff we would like you to know
To meet our regulatory obligations as a licensed financial services company, TransferWise needs to take background checks on all new hires, which may include Criminal and Credit checks. Please discuss with the Recruiter if you have any concerns regarding this process.
We want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to all, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com if you need any reasonable adjustments at any stage in the recruitment process. Or you can mention this in your application.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!