This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth and elevated us to unicorn status. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and in the United Kingdom.
You would like to work with enthusiastic and experienced Software Engineers in an agile, international environment with a modern tech stack (#Cloud-Native, #Serverless, #Kubernetes, #GraphQL, #NodeJs)? You are thrilled by getting your hands on one of the most innovative, modern eCommerce platforms the world has seen? You love solving complex problems? On top you work with passion, love clean code and like to understand the big picture? Sounds like commercetools is the perfect match! Modern e-Commerce solutions, built for high availability!
- Design and implement Node.js solutions with cutting edge technologies on top of GCP and AWS.
- Analyse requirements and make technical decisions with the whole team.
- Collaborate closely with not only our clients and partners but also our in-house Technical Consultants, Solution Architects and Product Owners.
What you need to succeed:
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification/experience
- Working experience with a focus on Node.js and cloud-native environments
- Familiar with Front-end technologies (REACT)
- Solid knowledge of cloud computing serverless frameworks and Kubernetes.
- Proven Experience with CI/CD automation.
- Understanding of asynchronous/non-blocking programming
- Fluent English to work in an international environment
- Interests in learning new technologies and sharing knowledge with a team
- Nice to have: Experience with SCRUM
Positivity. Negativity is the enemy of progress.
Trust & Transparency. Promote direct and continuous feedback.
Learning. Be proud if you’ve failed at something. Think big, start small, learn fast!
Tech at commercetools:
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
🚀 We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
⚙️ We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
☀️ Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
💻 Open Learning & Development Budget
📚 ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
⌚️ Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
🚀 Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.
200 - 500
commercetools has offices across the US, Europe, and Asia Pacific, with headquarters in Germany. Since its founding in 2006, commercetools software has been implemented by Fortune 500 companies across industries, from retail to manufacturing and from telecommunications to fashion.