On-site or Remote - Full Stack Developer - Python, Django, Amazon AWS
We are looking for a self driven full stack Django developer to join our team. Do you have experience in creating, maintaining and optimizing Django applications? Do you have experience in managing the infrastructure of a Django project on AWS? Then we should talk!
At Akommo, we've been dedicated to making corporate events more enjoyable since 2007. We provide venue-sourcing services, corporate accommodation, and transportation services throughout all major cities in Europe.
As Akommo's Full Stack Developer, you'll have the opportunity to lead the growth of our in-house technology development. We're looking for someone who is able to effectively multitask, who can efficiently manage their workload and who can bring a positive and motivated attitude to the team. You'll be in charge of helping us better define our digital strategy, improving our application, assisting with SEO, and developing new features.
You'll work closely with the the entire team (sales, marketing, operations, CEO) to make sure we're creating the best possible web application for our clients.
What You'll Do: As a versatile technologist who understands the full stack for consumer facing web applications, you should be highly motivated by constant challenges, love a small team atmosphere, and individually analyze situations and solve problems. You will also:
- Identify pain points of the team and suggest solutions and a timeline to solve them
- Improve the current state of our application (SEO improvements, page speed improvements, improvement of current work flows, technological architecture improvements)
- Lead the Akommo team in tech discussions, suggest new features, and take full responsibility in developing them.
What You Need: The most important qualities for this position are that you have a high standard of code quality, can commuincate clearly, and have the willingness to learn new things if needed. You'll also need:
More Than 2 Years of experience and knowledge of:
Knowledge of (or willingness to learn):
- Amazon AWS
- React Redux
Our Front-end uses various tech stacks for various sections of the app:
- React Redux (for our client facing catalogue system and some back office components)
- Coffeescript (for some parts of the back-office)
- Jquery (for some parts of the back-office)
Why work with Akommo?
- Flexible work schedule, with possibility for remote work
- Gym membership with GymForLess
- Overtime compensation
- 22 days of paid holiday, plus possible bonus days
- Unlimited coffee and snacks in the office
- Penthouse office space with views over the city of Barcelona
- Investment in learning - Akommo encourages and often supports personal and professional growth through courses and seminars
You will start with a competitive base salary. There is a minimum three month trial period during which you will be able to prove your skills and ensure the work relationship is positive for both of us.
At Akommo, our vision is to be Europe's most enjoyable corporate events company. Come and join us!
Starting: September 2019
Hours: 20 - 30 hours per week, Flexible schedule
Think you're the perfect fit? Then send us your resume and cover letter (both in English please) to email@example.com so we can meet you. Please make the subject line of your email: "I Love Akommo"