Ebury is a hyper-growth FinTech firm, named in 2021 as one of the top FinTech's to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi. We offer a range of products including FX risk management, trade finance, currency accounts, international payments and API integration.
We are all fully remote workers! Our team members are based in more than ten countries. You'll be a key part of the Channels ecosystem, working closely with your peers, and helping to develop and deliver Ebury’s Solutions, striving for more robust and faster functionalities that contribute to removing the boundaries for our partners to be more efficient and agile.
- You have extensive experience in developing complex web applications. We mainly work with Python/Django & Node.js in the backend with React/VueJS in the frontend, but it is also OK if you are more comfortable with other languages (Go is something we’re excited about for new projects).
- Since you will work side by side with colleagues from different countries, you will be able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in English, both written and spoken.
- We look for developers that can build and run services. Therefore, you will be comfortable with containerising your code, and adding monitoring and alerting to your services.
- SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Quality is important to us, we expect your code to be testable with good test coverage. We use Jenkins pipelines and terraform for the CI and deployment of services and infrastructure.
- Back-office UI built with React and Apollo Client.
- GraphQL API via Apollo Server.
- Deployed on EKS/Kubernetes.
- You will contribute to the development of a transactional banking platform, focusing on receiving and issuing payments in more than 140 currencies.
- Build and run services in production using tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Prometheus, & Grafana.
- You and your team will be responsible for maintaining Service Level Objectives (SLO) for your code and projects.
- Work with cross-functional product and technology teams across the company to build new features at large and multi-region scale.
- Discuss and estimate new feature requests within the team and with internal stakeholders
- Conceptualise and develop new features in our product stack
- Analyse and fix bugs reported by our support team
- Work with the team to improve the architecture and software design following best practices
- Review and comment technical RFCs which document software architecture, best practices and common behaviour
- Collaborate with other software development engineers on process enhancements and code reviews.
What We Offer
- You will be part of a remote-first distributed technology team that cares deeply about people, culture and best practices, and believes in agile principles. Take a look here and see what our team say about us!
- You’ll have continuous professional growth thanks to our career progression framework with regular reviews.
- You’ll improve your personal development through training and certification. ● You’ll contribute to our technical design through our open and collaborative Request For Comments (RFC) process.
- We are Open Source friendly, following Open Source principles in our internal projects and encouraging contributions to external projects.
- An in-depth onboarding process to make you feel part of the team from your first day. ● If you wish to improve your English skills, you’ll be able to take lessons in the school of your choice.
Due to our remote-first organisation and our remote-focused onboarding system, you will feel a crucial part of the team since day one. Curious about what working remotely is like at Ebury? Take a look and see what our team say about us!
If there’s something that you can do in our Tech team, it is growing professionally: thanks to our career path and our collaborative and cross-team working, every day is a new adventure. Get ready to take your career to the next level.
Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide. Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.
Please submit your application on the careers website directly, uploading your CV / resume in English.