We love music. It makes our lives a zillion times better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady). Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
We are a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai, and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination. We say there is a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, nerdy and not very hipster (unfortunately).
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. The company started with an idea - to index all the music in the world -, a mission - to better the music eco-system -, and a team of nerds eager to learn how to build a successful business. Today the company has grown to a hundred people - spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, São Paulo, London, Paris, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Johannesburg, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul - that team up to deliver daily 1 million identifications and 3 billion matches to our partners from all over the music industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
As part of the engineering team, you will work side by side with the operations team in order to offer the best user experience to our clients and develop creative solutions to satisfy their business needs.
- Participate in the design and planning of a brand new platform to deal with ownership metadata of millions of sound recordings.
- Code, test, document and maintain the platform.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Proficiency in Python (Proven experience)
- Have worked with open source web application frameworks such as Django or Flask and relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Linux and git experience
- Experience with software design life cycle and best practices (Code Reviews, Testing)
- Enthusiasm, initiative, commitment, with the ability to learn independently
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with non-relational databases: Mongo, Elasticsearch
- Experience with AWS
- Have interest in front-end development
- Bachelor´s degree in Computer Science, Telecom Engineering, Audio Visual Engineering or similar
- Fluency in English and Spanish
What we offer
Full time position
Flexibility on working hours and home office
Free coffee, fruits and language classes
Snacks, beers and jam sessions on Friday afternoons
Become part of a young and international team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry