HabitSwapp is like the ‘Fitbit of Personal Health & Sustainability’. It is a set of 2 gamified food shopping apps that enable you to automatically track the carbon footprint and nutrition intake of the food you buy and swap the worst food items in your shopping bag with alternatives that are better for the climate and your personal health, respectively. The app also suggests meal-kit style recipes that make it seamless for you to integrate a healthy, climate-friendly consumption habits into your existing lifestyle.
HabitSwapp has been recently funded by the ‘Dutch Good Growth Fund’ and the ‘Dutch Innovation Stimulation Funds’. and part of the global ‘Impact Hub’ network. As an incredibly fast-growing, early-stage startup, we offer you the chance to not just gain visibility into what it takes to build a world-class company from the ground up, but to have an indelible impact on the success of that company, and a positive impact on the society. Here’s a sneak peek of the app screens -
About full stack development at HabitSwapp
You’re hungry to get your foot in the door at an early stage startup and prove yourself. In your mind, there’s no question that your brilliant skills and passion are going to help build the front and back-end of the app. We are looking for a someone who can build and maintain the app from end-to-end. You will work closely with the product owner and UI/UX designer and be responsible for architecting and building this application.
We would love to see some of your personal projects, if you have any, because if you’re passionate enough to do interesting things in your own time then there’s a good chance you’ll bring some of that enthusiasm to your work at HabitSwapp. If this is you, don’t hang about, we need you right now.
How your skills & passion will come to life at HabitSwapp
- Work with the UX designer & Product Owner to bring the app designs to life, across various channels
- Build smooth UIs that scale across all platforms (web and mobile)
- Design elegant APIs and integrate with them. Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with mobile and web platforms
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- And last but by no means least, you love building awesome things!
What you’ve accomplished?
- Have a BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related experience, with strong competencies in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
- Have 5+ years in full-stack development experience – a) GoLang (or Node.js or Java), b) PostgreSQL or another RDBMS (experience in Express.js and Angular are a bonus) and c) React Native and React.JS
- Knowledge of ES6 or above, Yarn Or NPM, Webpack, ESlint etc.
- Solid experience in building cross-platform application development using React Native and React.JS
- Have experience with automated testing for mobile and web platforms
- You're fluent in version control with Github and have leveraged Continuous Integration (CI) tools like Jenkins and Travis CI
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies.
What’s in it for you?
As a young start-up with solid funding, invaluable connections and a really cool idea – the biggest offer we have for you is the opportunity for real long-term growth, impact and loads of learning. But here’s the entire shizzle -
- Salary - A competitive salary that will put a permanent smile on your face
- Learn the business of starting a business - A wonderful opportunity to get your hands dirty and build a business from scratch
- Amsterdam – Come work in the heart of vibrant city of Amsterdam. Our office is at Impact Hub Amsterdam, located inside the Troopen Museum
- Experience Impact – Work towards something that has a positive impact & lets you sleep peacefully at night
- Entrepreneurial network - Tap into global entrepreneurial & investor ecosystem and build your network
How to get started
- If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at HabitSwapp, please send an email with your CV, and a paragraph or two that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If applicable - a Google Play or iTunes store link to an app you may have developed
● Article in Telegraaf about the origins of HabitSwapp (previously called GreenerU)
● Article on NOS (the biggest Dutch national TV news outlet) about GreenerU at ‘Holland meets Bangalore 2017’
● Radio interview about HabitSwapp by America’s “It’s Hot in Here” radio station
● Oneworld article about HabitSwapp at ‘Springtij 2017’