We are currently looking for a Full Stack Data Engineer for our platform product (SONATA) to be part of our growing engineering team.
TAPTAP Networks sits at the epicentre of innovation in the marketing and advertising world. As mobile advertising and marketing technology multinational corporation we specialize in data-driven branding strategies for large global brands. Our mobile native heritage dates back to 2010 when we started bridging the gap between offline and online through user data profiling, context and attribution.
TAPTAP developed the Sonata Platform to lead the evolution of a world with increasingly blurring lines between advertising and marketing and offline vs. online through mobile-powered data. Through Sonata TAPTAP has achieved global scale serving clients in over 70 countries through its 7 offices in Europe and the Americas.
Our Personality: We are ambitious, demanding and optimistic go getters. We are non-conformists, we are intrapreneurs, working hard together as a team to drive and achieve our ambitious growth plans. In short, we smell opportunity where others see vulnerability.
What we do:
Sonata’s technology platform supports a real-time bidding system that handles over 10 billion events every day (vs ~ 3 billion daily Google search queries), a reporting system that aggregates and analyzes terabytes of data in real-time, and a learning system that applies machine learning and business intelligence techniques to over 40 petabytes of data. These systems all work in harmony so that Sonata can serve the right advertisement to the right user at the right time.
The Bidder and Data team sits at the core of our technology as the key decision making agent for our systems. We research and develop the algorithms and models that make our software intelligent, as well as implementing, scaling, and maintaining the code that powers our production systems.
Some of the solutions we work on include:
Click/Conversion Prediction and Optimization: How do you use the rich data we have about users to make predictions? How do you handle rare conversion events, such as purchases, walk-ins, etc? How do you deal with cold start problems?
Bidding Strategies: How do you translate a click or conversion score into a bid? What if it’s a first price auction, second price auction, or has a floor? How do you take into account pacing for hour of day, day of week, and special holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas?
A/B Testing: When is a result significant? How do you weight across many different campaigns?
Fraud Detection: Many users of the web are not human, but rather bots, crawlers, or other pieces of software that are loading web pages. How do you detect these “users” and prevent Sonata from showing ads to them?
Recommended Systems and Audience Profiling: Sonata dynamically tailors ads to each user, including the products shown. How do you decide which products to show in just a few milliseconds? How do you build quality audiences based on several data dimensions (location, navigation history and campaign events)?
We work with some of the most cutting edge technologies to solve these problems, including Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Hbase, and Storm. We program mostly in Java, and Python.
Job description & responsibilities:
- Developing systems that will interact in real-time with millions of users daily.
- Build and maintain our data warehouse and ETL processes
- Enforce consistency and availability across operational and analytical data stores
- Enhance data quality by improving business and technical operations
- Keep up with the latest technologies and define our future technology stack
- End-to-end responsibility from technical design to deployment and testing.
- Working closely with other teams: product, operations, marketing...
- 3 years of experience with JAVA and/or Python.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical/scientific discipline.
- Experience with distributed architectures.
- Proven experience working with big data.
- Experience with information retrieval and machine learning.
- Experience with unix / linux based environments.
- NoSQL databases knowledge (MongoDB and Redis desirable).
- Experience with Agile development practices (Scrum, JIRA).
- English language, full professional proficiency.
- Previous experience with Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Redis, Aerospike.
- Experience with REST APIs specification.
- Experience with real time bidding systems.
- Knowledge in big data architectures (Hadoop …).
- Ability to work independently, set timelines and execute to plan.
- Consider unit testing is a must, quality assurance is a priority.
- Interest in learning and sharing knowledge with the other team members.
- Learning quickly and being self-reliant. Experience in working in a startup or small teams preferred.
- Great working environment.
- Competitive compensation package, according with the candidate profile & experience.
- Permanent position, strong possibilities of internal promotion in an international profiled firm
- Role based out of the Madrid, Spain office
About TapTap Networks