Spotcap is a leading global fintech company operating in the trillion dollar online lending space. We are driven by the mission to empower SMEs with tailored finance, allowing them to focus on what really matters – their business. Spotcap operates in five countries and is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, with a local presence in the UK, the Netherlands, Spain, Australia and New Zealand. We are growing rapidly!
We are an international team of finance, engineering, marcomms and business professionals from more than 25 countries. Our most important asset are the masterminds behind Spotcap - our people. We are always looking for like-minded people who want to join us in empowering SMEs and evolving the finance industry.
Based in our Berlin office, the Frontend Software Engineer will be working with Spotcap’s Engineering team. You will be working closely with both the engineering and product team to create modern, user-friendly frontend applications.
Our engineering team operates a lean development process to deliver our world-class products and services. Modern languages and tools paired with continuous deployment and cloud-based infrastructure helps us master the global-technology platform challenges.
In this role you will...
- Use modern technology and methods to create user-friendly frontend applications that help our clients and partners meet their daily needs.
- Apply your knowledge of the benefits of encapsulation, choosing the right data-structures, immutability, asynchronous structures, and code organization to deliver high quality, robust, and maintainable code.
- Conduct code-reviews, testing and taking features to production.
- Actively participate in planning, creating, and running our suite of products and services.
- Keep tabs on industry trends, helping to shape best practices and helping Spotcap to innovate.
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following...
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team of more than 120 employees from 25 countries, with diverse backgrounds, based in our offices in the heart of Berlin.
- Strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business.
- A startup atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies - meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas.
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending personal training and development courses to ensure continuous growth and development.
- A great company culture with regular social activities, tech talks and health and fitness initiatives.
- A collaborative working culture with regular brainstorms, stand-ups and inter-departmental gatherings across two continents.
- Choose your own device: the option to choose between a high-end Dell or Mac Notebook.
- Fresh fruit, drinks, cereals, and regular team breakfasts.
- Relocation support services.
Our ideal candidate has…
- Solid experience with HTML and CSS (including Pre- and Postprocessors).
- Become well-acquainted with ES6 (and transpilers) and task runners such as Gulp and Grunt.
- A sense of purpose and clarity for the entire software development process.
- An innate curiosity and drive to get things done, as well as fluency in English.