Are you a software developer looking for a change?
At Packlink Engineering team we are looking for our new colleagues, people eager to join a motivated high impact team to improve our systems. You'll find a friendly work environment with near flat hierarchy.
What we offer:
- Our codebase is in AngularJS (1.x). The challenge is migrating this codebase into more modern frameworks. We are already introducing React components and migrating to Angular 2/4 in the upcoming months.
- Microservices, microservices and microservices... with more than 20 in production
- More than 2.8K requests per minute... are you up for the challenge?
- Event oriented platform
- International work place. From our applications with more than 4 programming languages, albeit Scala focused, to the company with more than 15 nationalities.
- "Works on my machine" is no longer an excuse: Docker containers from your local env until production.
- DevOps mentality
Key Accountability and Responsibilities.
- Cares about the user experience, core interaction design skills, and a good understanding of usability.
- Love problem solving, execute elegant solutions and enjoys iterating.
- Good eye for design and will sweat the tiny details
- You are agnostic about the technology stack and will use the right tool for the job.
- You understand how the browser works internally and how that affects how you write features in order to make them as performant as possible.
Key Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Competencies
This job is not for everyone. You’re:
- Not afraid of technical challenges, in fact you hunger for the impossible.
- Passionate about new technologies and problems to solve. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Have experience and enjoy working in an agile development (SCRUM/KANBAN) team.
- You thrive on coding. We look for humble craftsmen who enjoy learning and sharing knowledge.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient and team oriented.
- Technical requirements:
- High-proficiency in HTML/CSS and working experience with Sass.
- Working experience in control version systems such as Git.
- Curious or experienced about Typescript or Flow.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- PostCSS experience.
- Knowledge of other programming languages (PHP, Python, Java) and knowledge of OOP best practices
What We Offer
- Joining a company that’s delivering ground-breaking solutions in an industry in need of change.
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid centre (next to Atocha station).
- Competitive salary range: from 42.000€ to 47.000€.
- A young and upbeat work environment. Leave your suit behind; we’re a t-shirt and converse kind of place.
- A truly international team: 10 languages, 15 nationalities working on the same place.
- An exciting, key role in a high growth start-up, backed by internationally renowned VCs.
- Free language classes
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance 100% free.
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it.
- and many, many more surprises... come join us!