We are seeking competitive, ambitious, positive, bright, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial, high-spirited and technical skilled Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team in our awesome headquarters in Madrid, Spain.
Why do we love Software Engineers and what do we want to do?
Spotahome is revolutionizing the way people rent housing and as we have much to develop and improve, we believe that Software Engineers are the Architects of success. We are one of the fastest growing startups in Europe. Spotahome is an online marketplace that offers everyone in the world the most comprehensive listings of apartments, rooms, and student housing in their city of destination. We personally check thousands of rooms taking professional photography, making cool HD video tours, and designing floor plans of each accommodation so potential tenants can securely book a whole apartment or rent an individual room in a flat or a student residence all from the comfort of their couch! Forget about local real estate agents forever!
Since launched in 2014, our revolutionary idea has led to a nationwide expansion to 6 cities in Spain and internationally to other cities in Italy, Belgium, Ireland, France, United Kingdom, Germany, Austria and United Arab Emirates, with more countries and cities in the pipeline! Do you want to help build the solution to expand to more than 100 countries? With Spotahome, the world is yours. We are backed by top investors from Silicon Valley and UK including the backers of Trivago acquired by Expedia in 2013, the people behind Momondo Group, Last.fm, Seedcamp, Last Second Tickets, among others. We formed a company of more than 180 people in a short period of time and have had an incredible growth with thousands of rooms listed on our site. Join our cool offices in the center of Madrid!.
You will be joining and forming a part of our Product Team along with our CTO, VP of Engineering and the rest of our highly talented and challenging Product Team. You will also join a very fast-paced Start Up environment. You will have the critical responsibility of ensuring that we create the best product in the market and the best tech tools for our Landlords, Tenants and the Spotahome Team. As we continue to develop our Product Team, you will have great power, therefore the great responsibility of creating an amazing product used by millions and scale it in a way that could be used by millions more. It is a huge challenge that requires both technical and entrepreneurial mindset. You will be challenged everyday with different technical problems and you will have the power to decide how to solve them while communicating with and working alongside our multinational team.
- Work seamlessly with backend engineers to integrate multiple data sources into one system building a frontend API on top of the different microservices that are part of the platform
- Collaborate with visual and user experience designers to create and implement designs and new features for all the apps we produce: tenant website, landlord website, internal tools, integrations, among others...
- Building reusable components and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Apply best frontend patterns to achieve mobile-first, cross-browser compatible designs and implementations
- Teach other team members and learn from them
- Help to hire more engineers
- True passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code
- Understanding of frontend engineering best practices and client-side performance
- Fast learner and eager to learn
- Spoken and written English
Nice to have
- Experience with ReactJS and AngularJS
- Knowledge of NodeJS, Express and how to build REST/GraphQL APIs
- Experience with the different challenges faced with server side rendered pages.
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing and methodologies to implement CSS for large and scalable websites.
- Understanding of bundlers and dependency/task managers (npm, webpack)
- Experience with VCS (GIT or other)
- Full-time salary, negotiable based on experience, and access to the stock options plan.
- Ability to contribute to open source projects.
- Use state of the art technology and best practices.
- Both organizing and promoting internal and external events.
- More than twenty two nationalities in the team. Multicultural and start-up environment (bean bags, coffee, international food internal events like beer tastings...).
- Team building events
If you believe you have what it takes, if you believe in our vision, if you are high spirited and want to do something different and enjoy every day; if you are willing to join us and make an impact and disrupt the housing rental market, please send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: Frontend Engineer + Your name
Note: We love cover letters! :-)