We’re looking for a talented Front End Engineer to take a key role crafting the experience for our web products.
JustPark is reinventing parking for the digital age. Our mission is to make parking easy - helping drivers save time, avoid stress and enjoy an easy journey every time. Our 5-star apps help you find a space in seconds, whenever and wherever you need it - and even let you reserve and pay seamlessly at 20,000+ locations.
Winners of Sir Richard Branson’s VOOM competition, backed by BMW and Index Ventures (Facebook, JustEat, Dropbox) and chosen as one of WIRED’s hottest European startups, JustPark’s award-winning service is trusted by over 1.5 million drivers - with the highest-rated apps and fastest payments in the sector.
JustPark is The Parking App leading the disruption of a £50bn global industry - and we’d love you to join us on this exciting journey.
You would initially be contributing to the rollout of a responsive redesign of our website, working alongside a team of 3 Full Stack Engineers. The designs have been created and are ready to be implemented. You’ll further develop core pages as we learn about how they're used, implementing redesigns to other pages and build a new ‘park nearby now’ product for mobile web. You’ll also be helping to craft the interfaces for our other products deployed in car parks like our kiosks and validations tablets that are built on Electron and React.
- Lead the development for the front end of our web products
- Ensuring front end features are well covered by unit and integration tests
- Work with our product designer to ensure our style and brand is used consistently across platforms
- Guide our product managers and designer on the feasibility of proposed interfaces and features
- Promote UX best practises within the product and engineering teams
We're looking for someone with the following skills:
- 3+ years commercial experience of front end development within a team
- Outstanding attention to detail and an eye for good design
- Proven experience developing cross-browser, cross-platform responsive web pages
- Experience building React applications using Redux
- Comfortable working with and making changes to RESTful API endpoints, we use Laravel
- Experience using front end testing frameworks
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience working in a startup
- Experience with the Foundation Sass framework
- Proficient with Git, performing code reviews and agile processes
- Using graphic design software such Sketch, Photoshop or Illustrator
- A salary that is actually competitive
- Generous stock options to match
- Free lunch every day, cooked by our in-house chef (check out her Instagram: whatsjuliecooking)
- Flexible working - our normal working hours are 9 to 6 but we trust you to manage your time if something different works for you
- Laptop of your choice, you'll just need to let us know whether you prefer Windows or Apple
- External training, conferences, and professional development sponsored by the company
- Quarterly team Away Days
- A monthly allowance to spend on parking at JustPark spaces
N.B. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK for this role.