FilledThis offer is not available anymore
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £2.8 billion to 300,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
This role is based in our new development centre in Barcelona!
Tech stack and Work environment
- What we’re already using or planning to use: React, Redux, Webpack, Babel, TypeScript, Styled Components, Redux Form, Express, Sagas, Yarn, Git, SSR, HMR, PWA, Docker.
- We have a dedicated team of designers that create all the POCs and wireframes. They’re thorough with their work, giving us a very solid base of what to aim for in terms of design.
- We also have an amazing Product Owner, that makes sure there’s nothing blocking developers, and resolves any product-related doubts lighting quick. The PO has a very hands-off approach, giving devs the freedom we need.
How we work at Zopa
- We work in cross functional two-pizza teams
- We peer review all our code over GitHub
- We have a very active, healthy and friendly attitude towards our code reviews
- We push frequently to production
- We welcome all opportunities to add new tech to our stack
- We are user driven: “In users we trust, all others must bring data”
- Knowledge of React is beneficial
- You should understand the importance of testing your code and how it reduces risk in making changes and refactoring
- You should be pragmatic and realise when a solution is over-engineered as well as knowing when to spend time on creating the right abstraction that allows us to move faster in the long run
- Comfort with the JS tooling landscape is beneficial – being able to use modern tools such as Webpack and Babel is beneficial although having a solid understanding of how tooling can work and being quick on the uptake is key
- Good understanding of at least one of the following: CSS, SCSS, SASS or Styled-Components
- Solid understanding of version control tools (ideally Git)
- Passion for your work and striving to do things “the right way” (semantics, validity, flexibility, maintainability, …)
- An interest in innovation and fin-tech
- Up for the challenge?
What we offer
- New Office in sunny Barcelona. We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona
- Free Fresh fruit + Fresh Orange Juice
- Great coffee and tea
- Friday Drinks
- E-Learning membership
- Company events & Zocial events
- Private Health Insurance
- Referral bonus
- Flexible Working
- Help with relocation and VISA
- Working within an award-winning and culturally fantastic Team
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Zopa company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.