FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day. We ensure that new and old sofas can be sold. News reports are read and watched when, where and how consumers want. Weather reports are checked with quick online services. Carpenters are found through a couple of clicks. Prices are compared and the latest fashion is browsed… these examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
The Messaging team at Schibsted owns the software and infrastructure that sends over 1.5 million messages every day and serves millions of customers worldwide.
Marketplaces from the Schibsted group all over the world use our infrastructure and integrate their applications using our SDKs to enable chat in their web sites.
Our team is formed by more than 18 professionals from different areas such as UX, Product and Tech that work together to develop top-of-the-line software products.
Our technology stack includes Java, Spinnaker, Docker, Cassandra, Postgres and AWS. Our engineering practices include CI, Microservices, unit testing and DevOps.
We develop software that is a key functionality to all marketplaces. We have thriving business problems to solve and interesting technical challenges including API/SDK building, scalability or DevOps.
- As Front-End Software Engineer you will : Work in a multi-disciplinary team, and help to build a responsive SPA.
- Create UI components using React.
- Help and contribute in the applications architecture definition.
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality.
- Work with product owners and designers to prioritise and hone features.
- Optimize web applications for maximum speed and scale.
- Support diverse clients from high end desktop computers to mobile devices.
- Excellent experience in web development for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Previous development experience with either Java, Python, or C++.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability, and implementation constraints.High comfort level working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organization toward a consensus.
Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
The overall mission of Schibsted Products and Technology is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
Schibsted company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.