CARTO leads the world of location
intelligence, empowering any organization or individual to discover and
predict key insights hidden in their location data and then distribute
those insights in the form of location intelligence apps. Backed by
leading VC firms Accel Partners and Salesforce Ventures, CARTO is poised
to dominate the location intelligence space.
We’re looking for an experienced software developer to work as part of our BUILDER team. Your work will contribute directly to CARTO's open source stack, and you’ll be a full member of our Product team.
- Contribute to CARTO BUILDER, writing code for the UI of our web application.
- Use and advocate for good testing practices.
- Gather feedback and incorporate it into future technical decisions.
- 5+ years of software experience, with a demonstrated interest in open source.
- Experience developing client side APIs.
- Strong interest in UI/UX and performance.
- Mature approach to software development, including documentation, testing, and optimization.
- Fluid communication skills, whether written or verbal, and fluent English.
- Curiosity, energy, and good humor.
- An approach that contributes to our culture of openness, constant feedback, and iterative improvement.
- Available to work out of our Madrid office or remotely.
- Competitive, results-based compensation.
- Access to our Employee Stock Options Plan.
- Every Friday afternoon is Leapfrog time, where you will be working on whatever you like related to CARTO.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment in the center of Madrid.
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee and even a cinema :)
At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.