Visitame is looking for an enthusiastic frontend engineer to join to the team. In this role you will have significant responsibility in our project development team. Visitame looks for developers who take ownership of their code.
## About us
We are Visitame, a Proptech startup which combines the best of Home IoT (Hardware and Software) to create an optimized and radically improved Real Estate selling process. We have already successfully launched an Alpha version to the market and we're ready now to scale it technically and commercially. We're a well-funded startup, with top corporate Real Estate clients and backed by 7r Ventures.
## About you
You love great UX. You have an eye for great design and a feel for great UX, you care about more than just the code.
You can balance lots of concerns. Frontend apps have to take into account performance (using networks and devices that we can't control), customer demands, A/B tests, UX research, code quality, a rapidly changing ecosystem of languages and modules, and the list goes on. And we actually want to ship things too! You can balance those demands without getting overwhelmed and keep the needle moving forward.
You love helping others. You share knowledge with the rest of your team, and directly helping customers.
## About the job
- Research, guide, and execute architecture changes.
- Refactor or improve existing code.
- Work closely with our product team to create amazing and intuitive experiences.
- Build tools, processes, and documentation to improve our code quality.
- Frontend: React, Redux, Socket.io, Jest
- Backend: Node.js, Koa, Socket.io
- Infrastructure / Database: Firestore, now.sh, Travis
- 2+ years of frontend development, or in a similar role.
- Experience with a modern framework is definitely a plus, but not required.
- You are experienced with modern web development practices and frameworks. You’ve worked on real projects at scale and feel confident solving complex problems.
- Experience building and scaling web applications.
- Good communicator and fluent in English.
- Team player.
We offer a competitive salary of 30-35k, based on your experience. From day one. We don't offer things like ping pong tables, catered meals in the office, and other "perks" designed to keep you at work for all of your waking hours. We want you to put in quality hours then go live your life, rest, and recharge so you can come back fresh to do it again.
## How to apply
We have a non-standard application process. We don't believe in tests, we believe in work. To jump-start the process send us your resume and a cover letter explaining how you fit best those requirements . After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. After that, we will invite you to a 30 days full time, fully paid contract project working on production code. It’s a time for both sides to mutually audition one another and decide whether it feels like a great fit. We feel so strongly about this that we offer a full pay-out for the entire 30 days in the event things don’t work out.