Wayfair is the online leader
for home furnishings and decor. As a member of our Berlin Frontend
Development team, you'll work on our international customer pages.
Through the translation of mockups / wireframes into scalable / maintainable coding patterns across international sites, this team works closely with Design and Full-Stack Engineers to maintain the company’s visual web standards within our codebase.
We’re looking for a talented Web Developer who knows how to balance a passion for logic and problem solving with a keen eye for design to join this growing team.
- Writing clean, elegant, performant HTML/CSS code in support of our 3 international eCommerce sites, internal applications and supplier extranet.
- Problem solving on the fly using various resources and debugging methods to diagnose and execute solutions independently.
- Working seamlessly with Designers, Product Managers, and business stakeholders to translate designs/wireframes into HTML/CSS code.
- Contributing to the continued development of our open source virtual-DOM powered UI framework, Tungsten.js
- Understanding and employing engineering and optimization best practices with regard to frontend web standards, code maintainability, page rendering, and browser performance.
Who you are:
- 3-5+ years of CSS/HTML development experience
- Skilled with CSS and HTML, including the ability to code from scratch without a framework, and a focus on code reusability, performance and faithfulness to design
- Possess a sense of humor and excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with modern client-side frameworks such as Backbone.js, Angular, Ember, Polymer or React.js
Nice to haves:
- Git hub account
- Experience working with team members located in different countries/time zones
- Grunt - not necessary but good to have a knowledge of
- Interested in meet ups and conferences
- Experience with/knowledge of CSS/HTML coding considerations for Mobile/Tablet devices, including responsive/adaptive design
- PHP or other server-side language exposure
- Source Control exposure
- Experience working on large, complex, enterprise level sites, ideally with multiple “skins” for the same markup
- A Creative/Design background with an instinct for UI/UX
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $2.25 billion in net revenues for full year 2015 and $747.3 million in net revenues for first quarter 2016. The company employed 4,604 people as of March 31, 2016 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with international offices in Berlin, Galway and London.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!