We’re looking for a Frontend Developer to join our team and take our MVP to market. Be part of an exciting travel startup that is backed by the former UK Managing Director of Thomas Cook.
Our value proposition is simple: “Enriching family holidays, tried and tested by like-minded mums”. We’re the first travel company in the world that is focussed on mums: the decision-maker in the family when it comes to family holidays. We’re targeting the 8 million UK mums to form a unique and defensible community dedicated to family travel. TimeAway is a marketplace where SuperMums sell family holidays based on their own experiences amongst their networks. We provide SuperMums with the technology to create, share and sell holiday experiences. Since the dot com boom there has been an incredible amount of innovation in travel, but the family market has been largely ignored. It’s time to shake things up.
We’re looking for a Frontend Developer to join our small and growing team. In 2018 we will build the platform where our SuperMums can create amazing holiday experiences and share these amongst their network to earn an income and build social capital. You will be part of the development team which will give life to designs, concepts and prototypes. Nothing is set in stone so you will have a big impact from day one. You will work directly with the CTO and founders and you’ll be the main person responsible for building and maintaining the frontend functionality of the TimeAway platform as well as creating new features to fuel growth. A focus on design and UX as well as a eagerness to understand our users’ motivations is essential to this role.
• Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you energized by challenges that stand in your way?
• Are you a self-starter who enjoys a rapid pace and wants to make a difference?
• Do you have the ability to work autonomously and be decisive?
• Are you interested in travel technology?
• Lead all UX/UI engineering tasks
• Understand the needs and motivations of our users
• Develop and implement TimeAway's front end architecture with a focus on design
• Define and document the product features, suggest process improvements.
• Quickly iterate on product mockups and work to turn the mockups into reality
• Lead efforts to establish a culture of design, helping the team understand values of a design-oriented approach
• Improve our SEO rankings
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• 3 or more years experience as a Frontend Engineer
• Solid computer ccience fundamentals
• Appreciation of cross-browser compatibility issues
• You have an eye for design and might have a shareable design portfolio (Behance, Dribbble, personal site) with prior products you’ve worked on
• Become one of the early employees of TimeAway
• Competitive salary packages and stock options
• Think about all the holiday discounts!