Pulselive is a leading technology company specialising in sport. We’re proud digital partner to some of the world’s largest sport organisations, including:
- Premier League
- International Cricket Council (ICC)
- World Rugby
- Indian Premier League (IPL)
- Australian Football League (AFL)
- Barcelona Football Club
- Leicester City Football Club
This means we’re responsible for creating, developing and managing digital platforms, reaching millions of sports fans every day; whether that’s the official Rugby or Cricket World Cup website or the Premier League’s iOS and Android apps.
Why We’re Unique »
We operate at the intersection of digital, social media and broadcast, in an industry that’s rapidly evolving and converging through technology. We help our clients adapt to the way sports fans, like us, are rapidly changing their consumption habits.
It’s how we engage a global audience of passionate fans that gets us excited, in addition to the creative and technical challenges this presents. We’ve a team of highly talented and motivated creatives, developers, product managers and operators that work together to make this happen.
We have the added benefit of being a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation. This gives us a range of benefits, from financial security to staff discounts. We remain independently run and retaining a young, energetic start-up mentality is of great importance to us. Our team is currently ~70 strong, predominantly in the UK, with a couple of offices overseas.
The Role »
a Frontend Developer, you will have the opportunity to build solutions
that engage millions of sports fans worldwide. Working with a wide range
of data sources and frontend technologies, building custom UI
experiences for sports fans. You will progress your own skills and
expertise along the way, sharing and learning new technologies and
techniques across the team. At Pulselive, we pride ourselves in
providing a collaborative environment that ensures we produce leading
products across web and native applications.
- Producing frontend code to a high standard that not only functions correctly but can be understood and extended by other members of the team
- Showing good attention to detail in the final product, taking care and pride in what is produced
- Communicating clearly both technically and creatively, to ensure the best possible solutions are built
- Tracking and communicating progress within a project across the project team, especially the Project/Product Manager
- Managing code releases to internal environments (Dev, Test)
- Developing own skills to get as many aspects of frontend development to an expert level, as possible
- Sharing of ideas and techniques across the team, contributing to and learning from the team as a whole
Expert knowledge of
- HTML and CSS
- Browser and device testing (inc. debugging)
- Responsive web builds
- SASS development
- Gulp workflow usage
- GIT usage and code management
- JSON data structures
- JIRA usage for task/ticket management
- Documenting front-end solutions and code
- Using APIs to GET and POST data
- Integrating with and using third party libraries/applications (e.g. video providers)
- NPM and Bower dependency management
- Web performance
- Web accessibility
- SEO considerations and techniques
- Gulp workflow setup
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.