CARTO leads the world of location intelligence, empowering any organization or individual to discover and predict key insights hidden in their location data and then distribute those insights in the form of location intelligence apps. Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners and Salesforce Ventures, CARTO is poised to dominate the location intelligence space.
This position is based out of our Madrid, Spain office, but you can also work remotely.
- You will be working together with other Backend, Frontend, and System engineers in a multi disciplinary squad. Adding functionality to our core libraries or challenging new features for our new editor will be some of your responsibilities.
- You will work 2 weeks (from time to time) helping in our Response Team making their lives easier. From fixing a bug to refactoring a piece of code.
- You will learn everything there is to know about mapping technology and how companies around the world are using CARTO to visualize, understand and leverage their data to make better decisions. You will also learn how to spell ‘choropleth’ correctly.
- If you work remotely, you would be required to come to Madrid from time to time.
- 3+ years of software experience, a demonstrated interest in open source is highly desirable.
- Strong interest in UI/UX and performance.
- Experience developing client side APIs.
- Mature approach to software development, including testing, optimization and documentation when required.
- Fluid communication skills, whether written or verbal, and fluent English.
- Curiosity, energy, and a good sense of humor.
- An approach that contributes to our culture of openness, constant feedback, and iterative improvement.
- Available to work out of our Madrid office or remotely.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment at the center of Madrid
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee, and even a ping-pong table and cinema :)
At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq)