CARTO leads the world of
location intelligence, empowering any organization or individual to
discover and predict key insights hidden in their location data and then
distribute those insights in the form of location intelligence apps.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners and Salesforce Ventures, CARTO
is poised to dominate the location intelligence space.
This position is based out of our Madrid, Spain office, but you can also work remotely.
- You will be working together with the talented CARTO’s frontend and backend engineers in designing, developing and testing carto.js’ APIs
- You will be working closely with the Builder team to ensure that carto.js integrates perfectly with Builder, as well as interacting with the Solutions team who is constantly using carto.js in the field
- You will learn everything there is to know about mapping technology and how companies around the world are using CARTO to solve. You will also learn how to spell ‘choropleth’ correctly
- If you work remotely, you would be required to come to Madrid from time to time.
- 5+ years of software experience, with a demonstrated interest in open source.
- Experience developing client side APIs.
- Mature approach to software development, including testing, optimization and documentation when required.
- Fluid communication skills, whether written or verbal, and fluent English.
- Curiosity, energy, and a good sense of humor.
- An approach that contributes to our culture of openness, constant feedback, and iterative improvement.
- Available to work out of our Madrid office or remotely.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment at the center of Madrid
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee, and even a ping-pong table and cinema :)
At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!