We are looking for a talented Frontend Developer to assist in creating awesome user experiences in all of Ocean Protocol's web touch points. The ideal candidate will have top Frontend skills, including an eye for UI design and a passion for delivering high quality UX.
You will be one of the first members of the Ocean Protocol UI team, closely working with other designers & UI developers.
At Ocean Protocol we design mostly in the browser, we like high-quality code, enjoyable documentation, mobile-first & accessible user interfaces, and babelified static builds. We follow a JAMstack approach for all our frontend needs.
...What does Ocean Protocol do?
- Create high quality, highly maintainable, highly performant, and highly scalable user interfaces for various use cases
- Assist in architecting and developing frontend applications and features of the Ocean Protocol product
- Assist in developing features for the Ocean Protocol website
- Create microservices
- Ensure brand consistency across all of our web touch points by building out and maintaining our components-based design system
- 10+ years of proven work experience with various front-end technologies & frameworks
- Understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment) in a serverless environment
- Experience with React.js, Webpack & generally with the Node.js ecosystem
- Experience with browser testing tools like Jest, Puppeteer, etc.
- Basic knowledge of dApps and blockchain-based solutions
- Advanced usage of emojis, gifs, and memes in your daily work routine
## Nice to haves
- Understanding of basic design principles and an eye for all the little details in UI design
- Created and/or maintained an open source project
- Basic knowledge of Design tools like Sketch or Affinity Designer
## The good stuff
We're a tight-knit international team based in Berlin. We’re always building and shipping, but with an appreciation for the theoretical. We work closely with our users, technology partners, and engage with the global decentralization community on and offline.
From our very beginnings having a female cofounder: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strongly encourage applications from women, transgender or non-binary people, people of color, people with disabilities, or anyone traditionally underrepresented in tech.
**Location**: We’re in Berlin, Germany. If you don’t know much about Berlin, don’t fret. Almost all of us have immigrated here, from all over the world, from Canada to India, from Italy to USA. And we love it!
**Office time**: We trust you to do your job, and doing your job is about getting the task done, not us looking over your shoulder. In general we try to be around the office here in Berlin but as with our technology, our team is often distributed and our processes are optimized so work can get done in a mix of on-site and remote work. If you feel you're most effective working from atop a mountain, please do.
**Choice of tech**: We provide you with either a top-notch Dell or MacBook Pro laptop, and with everything else you need and chose to get your work done.
**Immigration**: We’ll hold your hand in the visa / immigration process, which is smooth and surprisingly fast.
**Language**: We speak English in the office. And in fact if you only speak English, you can easily get by in Berlin. (As is the case for many of our employees.)
**Transit**: We’re spoiled, Berlin has one of the best public transit systems in the world. Our office is near a connection point of the underground (U-bahn) and trams. Berlin also has safe bike lines all throughout the city; you can park your bike in the office.
**Time off**: Health first. Without health and happiness, what is left? So, our minimum paid leave per year is 25 days, plus statutory national holidays.
**Health Benefits**: Germany has one of the best healthcare systems in the world. Some of the nation’s top university hospitals are here in Berlin. Many of us have a family doctor just down the street from our office. Berlin is also great for sports.
**Parenting, Parental Leave**: We love kids! And we recognize the time that parents need for their children's’ well-being, not to mention their own well-being! So we want to give all the space in the world to new parents who wish to spend time with their children: mothers get fully paid maternity leave six weeks prior to birth and eight weeks after. In addition, there are 14 months of 2/3 paid leave, split between the parents according to the parents' choice. And for general parental responsibilities that invariably come up, by all means, go attend to your child. We trust that you are a professional and know how to balance your time.
**Professional and Personal Growth**: Ocean Protocol is at the epicenter of blockchains + big data + AI, so if you’re not learning, then something’s wrong! We’ll be giving you opportunities to represent us speaking at conferences, hosting hackathons, writing, and more. Finally, we give you an annual personal growth budget that you choose as you wish to spend on books, personal conferences, and other things to grow yourself.
About Ocean Protocol