Polymatica is a Data Science and Visual Analytics platform with embedded intelligence, delivering results and insights at incredible scale and speed using the latest technologies (OLAP cubes, Data Mining, In-Memory, CUDA).
We are an international business, now building a new interface for Polymatica designed to enable business users to maximise value from their data to drive effective decision making in a simple and effortless way using the latest UI frameworks and libraries and pushing the boundaries of Big Data Software Interfaces.
We are looking for Software Engineers specialised in Frontend Development to join our new Interface team at the heart of Barcelona tech scene, contributing to build the frontend from initial ideas, technologies choices, experimentations and working closely with an expert team of designers and other engineers across our International Offices (London, Berlin, Zurich, Moscow).
You will have the opportunity to grow within the company and see your ideas take shape in a highly innovative environment. We work with machine learning and big data and are looking for a strong candidate with passion for trying new things and continuous learning.
- 3-7 years experience in a similar role
- Fluent English
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
- Latest ECMAScript standard
- Experience with HTML and CSS, LESS, SASS
- Experience with Git
- Practical knowledge of Redux and/or RxJS.
- Good knowledge of HTTP and REST.
- Functional programming
- Ability to learn new tools and frameworks as needed
- Willingness to take ownership of components or services
- Software Configuration Management tools (source control, continuous integration, etc.)
- Experience of front-end build process: Webpack oriented code transpiling and minification
- Ability to plan and estimate development tasks
- Experience developing interfaces for information systems is a plus
Who we are looking for
- You have genuine interest in delivering products to end-users
- You like working with product owners and designers to prioritise and refine features.
- You want to be involved in a full spectrum of front end
engineering – new features, new applications, support experimentation,
localisation & customisation
- You value effective and proactive communication and have good spoken and written English
- You enjoy or are interested in working in a distributed
organization, interfacing daily with colleagues in other countries and
try to learn new things every day, improve our skills and to spend our
time where we are sure it delivers actual business value
- We value tests and clear code over documentation
- We are more worried about shipping too late than too early
- We aim to be pioneers and not just solutions innovators
Please note we are not currently able to provide Visa so applicants must hold a Visa for Spain or be European Nationals.