At Quipu we are striving to dramatically simplify the administration of companies, change the way they do their bookkeeping and communicate with accountants. No more paper and emails going back and forth - our core product includes an image recognition algorhythm to read invoices and a scraper connected to each client's banks to match transactions - so that companies can focus on what really matters in their business. We aim to streamline bookkeepers' workflow and improve the experience of final clients and employees 10x.
In the Frontend we have the challenge of visualizing these highly important movements and to make our tool accessible for a completely tech-unsavvy public. We are a team of 24 people, all motivated to change accounting as we see the impact we can have with our small team and an innovative solution in a huge market where the word digitalization is still followed by raised eye brows. Are you up for this challenge and ready to think about this product with us?
At Quipu we are looking for a great Frontend Developer to improve our team and help us keep growing our platform. We strive to automate processes for our clients and let them focus on their business instead of doing boring, mechanical stuff.
Top skills required are:
- Passion for coding & learning, finding the smartest solutions to each problem.
- A drive to push for great quality in everything that you do, being able to balance it with deadlines.
- Being a team player, learn from others and help others learn.
- Striving to be informed about each new thing, technique or technologies that come out, specially if they can help our technological platform.
We use Ruby on Rails in the backend, with mostly MySQL and, for some parts, Redis as the databases. We are currently in the process of migrating from the old-school approach of mainly rendering everything at every request, to new small applications in React that will eventually become one. We also use Python for a machine learning component and React Native for our mobile applications.
What you will do:
You will work side by side with our product and development team, including the CTO. We are looking for a pragmatic thinker and a keen problem solver ready to take on big challenges. Your role will range from the development of new projects and improvements to the current product, to internal refactors or even testing out new technologies.
The whole development team works in 2-week sprints by following Scrum, and although we obviously follow a product roadmap based on the company's business needs, we strongly encourage your own initiative and ideas!
What we offer:
- Provide you with continuous challenge and space for learning
- Participation in the technological and business decision making
- Agile tasks distribution, with daily deploys
- Flexible schedule (but should be based in sunny Barcelona)
- Broad and diverse start-up ecosystem that provides much more than a job experience
- Ping pong championships - we have our own ping pong table at the office!
- Itnig Breakfasts every Tuesday, Yoga, Salsa & Language Classes, Summer Parties & Afterwork Beers
- Activities such as Laser tag, Poker, Table games or LAN Parties
- Conferences, events and workshops onsite
Don't miss the opportunity to contribute to our challenging project as part of a great team of developers!