We are looking for a Frontend architect to drive our frontend architecture. As one of Europe’s top ecommerce sites, our platform serves millions of daily transactions in 40+ countries and has very demanding requirements in terms of performance and maintainability. You will be expected to provide the best technical solutions in terms of performance and development productivity to satisfy our business, UX and product needs.
Are the topics below in your list of interests? If yes, this might be a good opportunity.
- Micro frontends?
- Angular, React or Vue? GraphQL? Redux, Relay Modern, Apollo?
- Web page performance optimization at scale? HTTP/2? Network latency vs bandwidth? Time-to-first-byte? AMP? CDNs? Progressive or Adaptive?
- SEO and isomorphic/universal applications?
- Unit and functional testing? Browser automation?
- Drive the technical evolution of our frontend architecture
- Collaborate with multiple frontend teams (60+ developers)
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements. Help business and product in scoping and phasing functional solutions
- Mentor lead and senior engineers in technical matters
- Software coding, design patterns, architecture and performance engineering
- Excellent communication skills, with technical and non-technical people
- Assertiveness and influencing: able to get your point across and challenge those of others in a calm and positive manner
- Expert knowledge in common frontend technologies, such as AJAX and REST
- Experience with common JS tools (e.g., npm, babel, etc.)
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience in designing robust, scalable, performant system
- Experience in big multi-language/country ecommerce websites
- Experience in the travel sector
- Basic Java knowledge