At eDreams Odigeo, we develop and leverage the best ecommerce technology to create the best hotel booking experience for 20+ million customers each year. We do so by creating new technologies and platforms and applying artificial intelligence in a flexible, microservices based infrastructure.
Our mission is to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can find the best travel options for their needs and experience amazing post-booking service in our best-rated mobile app. In the Travelshop area, our teams are working on our future ancillaries retail platform that will take the customer experience to the next level across new and innovative touchpoints.
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel. Help us build a smarter, more personal retail platform for travellers at booking time, pre-trip and in destination.
It’s the perfect time to join us. We are growing very rapidly out of the pandemic and are investing heavily in our Technology organisation. When you join us, you will have the opportunity to make your mark from Day 1 – by shaping our technology choices and architecture – and accelerate your career development, thanks to the best career path in Europe. Some of the challenges you will work on include developing technology that will rebuild the core selling engine of the company, which will challenge our existing models, architecture, and flows and proposes a new technology paradigm.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a distributed, scalable micro-services environment, where software gets deployed daily, with high quality, clean code, SOLID principles and TDD
- Be part of a high performing cross functional team of 7-10 developers, POs, UXers, QAs, data scientists etc, all sharing the same values and focus on the customer.
- Develop powerful and advanced algorithms that are at the forefront of innovation in travel tech
- Leverage your technical excellence mindset to code solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality, as well as challenge decisions to help all teams improve technical excellence.
- Actively participate in the product definition and ideation processes.
- Work in a fully agile organisation, using Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously.
- Continuously learn and participate in workshops, hackathons and other events as we consider key to be active within the IT community.
- Own and monitor the performance of product and technical OKRs.
Having a technical mindset is vital for us, which is why we promote:
- Microservices platform and modular FE
- Powerful monitoring techniques using Data dog, BigQuery and Graphana.
- Version-control systems like Git & bitbucket.
- Story book using Design system made with emotion and styled system.
- Clean code
- SOLID principles and TDD
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals (data structures, concurrency, design patterns, algorithms).
- Great technical mindset to work in an environment where we promote the use of microservices platforms, clean code, SOLID principles and TDD.
- Ability to code with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality.
- Knowledge of Cloud and of Continuous Delivery environments to help you deliver value quickly.
- Strong data driven capabilities and design pattern skills that will allow you to face our business challenges.
- Be part of the product definition, identify improvement options, challenge decisions constructively and provide creative solutions to complex problems, focusing on the outcome and not on the tasks.
- Be a team player, with good communication and mentoring skills
What’s in it for you?
- Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Life insurance covering death and permanent incapacity to work
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation