Shipping is complex and online stores need solutions to compete globally. With our technology, you can improve the shipping experience of your customers and deliver premium services.
Operating in 10 countries, our passion for getting shipping right means we support our customers every step of the way, making shipping simple and transparent
Our vision: to facilitate online shipping around the world
Our mission: helping online stores offer a great delivery experience.
Our values: making our inclusive and proactive company culture our core guide.
Earn it - Without trust, we can’t grow. We earn trust from our teammates, customers, and partners through hard work and great results.
Do it - Act, accomplish, repeat—that’s how we achieve our shared vision. Our team doesn’t overthink it, we are simply shipping by simply thinking!
Live it - We’re at our best when we’re challenged, learning, and having fun.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe.
What you'll find is
- The challenge of designing and maintaining a decentralized micro-frontend architecture powered by a cutting-edge tech stack (https://stackshare.io/packlink/frontend).
- Implementing the latest content management strategies with Contentful and Gatsby.
- A cross-company branded Design System shared by 6 SPAs and micro-frontends.
- Helping to make frontend apps fully automated and container friendly, DevOps mentality.
- A backend platform with several REST APIs built upon a large microservices platform.
- A Typescript SDK modeling our REST APIs and a micro-frontend design mindset.
- And much more!
What you'll be doing
- Work as a member of a team within the larger engineering group to deliver high-quality and well-tested code thinking ahead for strategic planning and execution.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve our products and execute these improvements taking input and guidance from peers.
- Own the design and delivery of new features and entire components to a successful implementation including non-functional requirements and tuning optimizations, meeting release deadlines.
- Build components that enable thousands of users to ship across multiple platforms
- Mentor other developers to become industry-leading engineers.
- Deeply code review peer and open-source contributions to the codebase.
- Champion engineering excellence by promoting best practices, cutting-edge technologies and patterns, and a documentation mindset.
- Participate in hiring a diverse technical team and onboarding engineers.
What we're looking for
- Work permit for the EU
- 4+ years of real, hands-on experience in front-end related work in a professional environment.
- High proficiency in HTML/CSS
- Working experience with Sass
- Advanced understanding of OOP principles.
- Experience with VCS like Git or Mercurial.
- You are not afraid of technical challenges you hunger for the impossible. You thrive on coding.
- Passionate about new technologies and problem-solving. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also team-oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients, and providers.
What we offer
- ✔️ Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person. Annual salary offer: 45,000€ - 54,000€
- 📙 Personal Training Budget. Up to 2000€/year training budget (certifications, conferences attendance…) for investing in your professional development. We want to help you to improve your technical skills, feel involved in the tech community, and develop your soft skills to lead teams or manage other stakeholders.
- 🗺️ Languages classes every week. Thirsty of knowledge? Learn a new language by joining our free English/Spanish/French classes. In groups of 4-5 people, you can connect and enjoy taking up a new language or improving your current skills with one of our great instructors.
- 📈 Engineering Career Path. A career growth plan, created by engineers for engineers. You can check it in our blog (https://medium.com/packlinkeng/the-path-to-our-career-path-8781e4565ae3)
- 📖 Learning weekly initiatives. Share is caring, join us for our weekly Learning Meetings. Be the driver or the attendant, you choose!
- 💬 Be an active part of the tech community. Opportunity to attend and participate in local and international technological events. We are doing cool things and we feel really proud to share them!
- 🏠 We are a remote-first company All team members at Packlink are remote employees. After COVID, you can decide if you want to work in the office 2 days a week or 3 days per quarter—it's up to you. We also cover your expenses for working from home (50€ per month/600€ per year).
- 💻 Everything you need to work from home. Whether you prefer Mac, Linux, or Windows (or an additional screen or two), we set you up for success when working remotely.
- Referral Fee 🔗 We need your support in hiring top-class talent! We offer a referral bonus of 1k-3K, depending on the complexity of the role and the hiring process.
- 🏐 Health and Wellness: The well-being of our team is super important to us. Choose from different options that help you focus on your health:
- Gym membership or exercise classes (pilates, kick-boxing, etc.)—we’re happy to cover the cost!
- If you prefer private health insurance, we offer a great plan courtesy of our partner Alan.
- Last but not least, we have psychological assistance free of charge.
- 🎂 Enjoy your Birthday Take your birthday off to celebrate!
- ⚖️ Great work-life balance We offer a flexible work schedule and will do our best to adapt to your personal situation. Working in a fast-paced environment can be intense, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t enjoy your free time!
- 💜 An inclusive and upbeat work environment Leave your suit behind... we’re a t-shirt and converse kind of place! More importantly, our company culture promotes diversity and inclusion. The personality and opinions of each of our team members are important and valid, and we aim to offer all employees a safe environment where they can be themselves and thrive.
- 🌍 A cross-cultural atmosphere We are a truly international team of 15 nationalities that speak 10 languages. Our company language is English and all internal communication and company-wide meetings are in English.
- 🏟️ Company events Work hard, play hard! We do our best every day, even at our regular team-building events. Everything is currently remote, but we’re looking forward to organising in-person company events once again soon!
- 💰 Flexible Salary We work with a flexible compensation plan for transport, restaurants, and kindergarten so our employees can save on personal income tax.