We are looking for a Front-end Software Engineer to join our team in
London. We are all about making construction more predictable via a
comprehensive understanding of plan outcomes, and a crucial part of that
is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction
schedules. We're working on some of the largest infrastructure projects
in the world, which means having the opportunity to have true impact on
the world around us.
We are a small (but quickly growing) machine learning startup and as such you will have a wide range of responsibilities from day to day, and lots of practical exposure to ML.
What you'll do:
- Design and build new features on our analytics platform, in
collaboration with full-stack engineers, machine learning researchers
- Participate in setting the direction of the product
- Work on internal tools which enable us to scale as a company, and serve enormous customers across industries and continents.
- Help other team members through peer code reviews
We need you to have:
- great knowledge of front-end development
- experience with common tools like Git, Amazon Web Services, Unix/Linux systems
- degree in Maths / Computer Science / Engineering is desirable but not required
- a desire to build something that can completely revolutionise how someone goes about their job
- (bonus) experience creating data analytics dashboards is a strong advantage
- (bonus) contributions to relevant open source projects;
The typical nPlan-ers are:
- generally curious about the world
- serious, without taking themselves too seriously
- able to define their own work independently
- proactive about improving the world around them
- open-minded about new technical ideas
- willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a
high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you
will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We consider engineering quality of paramount value and will always look for the most rigorous solution to a problem.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- We are convinced that everyone in the company should have the same opportunity. Your pay will only ever depend on your contribution to the company, and how well the company is doing.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.