The Who, What, Why and Where
It’s time to build! Twilio is growing rapidly and is looking for a hardworking, passionate and curious Software Engineer to be a key leader in extending Twilio’s platform to International customers! This person will join a newly formed team that builds a common translation and localization platform that will power Twilio’s developer console, docs, products, and other web properties. This position is critical in supporting Twilio’s International expansion and will build a platform that provides leverage to Twilio’s product and engineering teams!
Twilio is looking for a motivated Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated capacity to learn and adapt, with a passion to build services and tooling that enable other engineering teams. They also have:
- Experience with the modern Web stack: notably React, Typescript, and Node.js. If you've worked with other frameworks (like Vue, Ember, Angular, Backbone) that's a plus as well
- Well versed understanding on using REST APIs.
- Experience designing, building and supporting mission critical user-facing systems.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills. You work with your team towards common goals.
- A healthy ability to manage and resolve conflict - you have the ability to listen, present, and question effectively
- Knowledge of processes and engineering best practices in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - You are confident in writing down and presenting your designs and decisions throughout the development lifecycle. You are also comfortable providing and receiving feedback in an Agile environment
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with 3 years of experience with software development lifecycle and processes
As a Software Engineer on the Global Infrastructure team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Design, implement, test rigorously and support microservices at scale in a collaborative environment. Advocate for and implement operational best practices and serve on-call for the team’s services.
- DRAW THE OWL: Demonstrate quickness in learning and ability to teach constantly. Take part in sprint, weekly, and quarterly planning ceremonies.
- BE INCLUSIVE & EMPOWER OTHERS: Consistently share your ideas and request feedback. Mentor more junior engineers to grow professionally.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Communicate complex ideas simply through verbal and written communication.
Twilio is a fast growing company, rapidly expanding the breadth of our product offerings and the geographies we serve. The Global Infrastructure team supports Twilio’s international expansion goals which is one of the major growth vectors for Twilio. You will contribute to a major architectural initiative for the Twilio platform and your work will have a significant impact on the trajectory of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio