At Zopa, we’re building the best place for money.
We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 13 years we’ve been in business, we’ve helped more than 60,000 people lend over £3 billion to 246,000 UK consumers.
And our journey’s only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
This role is based in our new office in Barcelona, working side-by-side with the teams in our London office.
Zopa has now more than 400 people in London, 22 people in Barcelona and growing - we want to double this by the end of the year!
One of the new products we are working on is a credit card, which aims to offer a simple, fair pricing that is in line with Zopa’s mission but also provides useful card management features that help people better manage their spend and finances.
Are you a hands-on front-end developer with a passion for creating great customer experiences?
If so, we’d love to tell you more about this opportunity in our Credit card team.
You’ll be right in the action as part of a fast-moving, cross-functional team with support from a dedicated designer. Whatever it is, you will be heavily involved from understanding the space and opportunity all the way to developing the release-ready code and seeing it through to launch and maintenance.
We currently use or are looking to use the following technologies in our stack: React, Webpack, Sass, Styled-Components in our front-end stack. We are also investing in React Native in our mobile team.
How we work at Zopa:
- We work in cross functional teams that work together to solve customer problems across London and Barcelona
- We work in sprints and constantly make feature releases. The things you work on will get used
- We value smart people, who are adaptable and understand the need for flexibility
- We peer review all code, and value the sharing of knowledge
- We use the right tool or language for the job, if you can prove better we’ll use that
- We value, conduct and act on user-research and data analysis
- We’ve got a great office in London Bridge with riverside views, ping pong, Foosball, PlayStation, a meditation room, break-out pods, gym discounts, morning fruit
- Knowledge of React is beneficial
- You should understand the importance of testing your code and how it reduces risk in making changes and refactoring
- You should be pragmatic and realise when a solution is over-engineered as well as knowing when to spend time on creating the right abstraction that allows us to move faster in the long run
- Comfort with the JS tooling landscape is beneficial – being able to use modern tools such as Webpack and Babel is beneficial although having a solid understanding of how tooling can work and being quick on the uptake is key
- Good understanding of at least one of the following: CSS, SCSS, SASS or Styled-Components
- Solid understanding of version control tools (ideally Git)
- Passion for your work and striving to do things “the right way” (semantics, validity, flexibility, maintainability, …)
- An interest in innovation and fin-tech
Up for the challenge?
What we offer:
- New Office in sunny Barcelona. We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona
- Help with relocation to Barcelona and assistance with VISA
- Restaurant Card
- Free Fresh fruit + Fresh Orange Juice
- Great coffee and tea
- E-Learning membership
- Company events & Zocial events
- Ping-Pong Table in the Office and Padel Tournament (twice a month)
- Private Health Insurance
- Referral bonus
- Flexible Working
- Transparent and informative weekly team meetings on Friday’s afternoons with drinks
- Working within an award-winning and culturally fantastic Team
- To surround you with a group of like-minded Zopians who operate with passion and integrity
- A genuine promise that everyone is welcome at Zopa –regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Zopa company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.