We are looking for a Front-End Developer who is excited about delivering an amazing user experience through the update and release of our mobile app. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI design and user research. You will work with the Product Team to bridge the gaps between design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
At TAPP, we are innovating an immersive ecosystem of digital and physical products to be iterated like an app until people give up plastic bottles. We currently have a digital product (MYTAPP) and a physical product (the on-faucet filter) that is used by more than 10,000 active users. Our plan is to divert 10 billion plastic bottles by 2023.
If you’re up for the challenge of leveraging the concerns of users to inspire transformative change and cultural impact, then read on!
• Develop new user-facing features
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
• Adapting theory to fit the needs of the client, codebase, team, tools, and organization
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
• Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
• Proficient understanding of iOS and Android development and libraries. Either native development or use of a native app-building framework such as React Native or Cordova.
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Capability to work as well independently as with a team
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Professional level of English
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. (Familiarity with Photoshop is a plus, but not required.)
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/ SVN
• A balance of creative problem solving and critical thinking mindset
• Conflict resolution experience
• Comfortable in a fast paced, international, and multidisciplinary environment
PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE/WILLINGNESS TO LEARN
- Google Drive
- Implementing communication between a mobile app and Bluetooth accessory
- Leading an agile development process
- Timelines and processes related to implementation and iteration
- Emotional intelligence
- Professional Spanish
NICE TO HAVE
- Higher education or certifications that demonstrate professional development
- Completed a project in Cordova or React Native
- Salary will vary depending on experience
- Bonus based on performance
- Health insurance
- Be part of something that will make the world a better place
- A real impact on company performance and growth
- Great start-up culture and an international and friendly work environment
- Possibility to work remotely from time to time
TAPP Water has the ambitious goal of avoiding 10bn plastic bottles by 2023 and build a $100m business. We do this through simple solutions that provide clean and healthy water from the tap, with a minimum environmental impact. The company is based in Barcelona with a team of experienced entrepreneurs, product, digital and technology experts.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send your resume and brief note about why you want to work with us to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject “Front End Developer for TAPP”
About Tapp Water