Liferay is looking for a Frontend Engineer based in Spain to join its international Liferay Online Team. This is a mid-level position in a team focused on delivering a SaaS offering of Liferay products with an emphasis on user experience to increase adoption. Thus, frontend development knowledge and good collaboration skills are required.
By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others.
We are a diverse, multicultural and open source software company with employees all over the world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees.T
o fulfill our mission, our core values guide us in our greater-than-profit vision beyond building great web experiences for our enterprise customers:
- Lead by Serving
- Value People
- Stay Nerdy
- Grow and Get Better
- Produce Excellence
As an example, we give employees 5 paid days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year.
What to expect from this position
In order to make Liferay Online an attractive and competitive service, we need a Frontend Engineer that works to offer our customers the best user experience. After the initial onboarding process, you will be taking over tasks such as:
- Develop starter kits, including styles, themes and site templates, to enhance the on boarding experience of Liferay Online and guide our customers through the process of successfully satisfying their use cases.
- Review required modifications in product components to improve user experience, collaborating with the product teams in their implementation.
- Maintain and update the starter kits, to make them work with the latest versions and features of our products.
- Identify the opportunities to enhance the user experience of Liferay Online, in collaboration with our Sales and Global Services departments.
What we expect from you
- Experience in product oriented web design, with special focus on user experience.
- Knowledge and experience in web development tools and languages, including HTML, CSS, JS and frameworks such as React.
- Excellent communication skills, willing to collaborate with different teams in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
What we offer
- Competitive salary in the range of 30K€ to 40K€ annually
- 2 additional perks from of your own choice from these 2 groups:
- Health Care Plan, Transport Card, Office Parking Space
- Food Card, Kindergarten Assistance, Gym Membership
- English lessons (2 hours/week)
- International, multicultural and diverse environment focused on our people
- Remote-friendly environment
- Employee Volunteer Program, including:
- 5 days/year in our Employee Volunteer Program to devote to the charity of your choice
- 500€/year to donate to the charity of your choice