You will be part of our top-notch team of developers, Barcelona beach-based (literally ocean views all year long from your workspace). You’ll help build the FE code of our award-winning FX platform (https://www.fxweek.com/awards/4344081/best-e-fx-platform-for-corporates-kantox) working shoulder to shoulder with the UX, Product, and Tech teams.
We are looking for someone who’s confident working with Angular, React, Vue or other frameworks and willing to test the world of Ember. No prior experience in Ember is required. We will make sure that you are provided with all the right tools to learn Ember until you become ready to teach us back some tricks. To fit in Kantox’s culture, a self-driven personality with an eagerness to learn and improve is a must! We expect you to ask questions all the time and not being afraid of making mistakes. We are a very flat management team and we trust and value all of our professionals.
Our platform core is primarily based on Ruby on Rails but we also make good use of Elixir and Elixir/Phoenix as well. You will work with a self-motivated multi-disciplinary multi-cultural team that views software development as an extreme team sport.
Your mission within Kantox
As a UX/FE developer you care about how our users interact with the platform and build it accordingly, we share our vision on our daily SUMs with the UX team and we are totally user-driven. Our official language is English but since we’re in a multicultural and diverse working environment, Spanish, French, Russian, Italian, Bulgarian and many other languages are commonly spoken in the common areas. No financial background is required, trainings will be provided to help you undestand how our platform works and all the processes that happen around it.
- Maintain and improve the code base, make sure that all the applications are running correctly
- Develop and test new features, solve issues as they appear, perform due maintenance and upgrades
- Review peer's code and help them improve. Review requirements and make sure they are valid and efficient.
- Participate in the Support shifts, solving requests from the rest of the company in a cordial and timely manner.
- Raise improvement suggestions, participate in technical discussions, prepare and maintain technical documentation.
- Catering to the clients’ understanding of an intuitive FX platform
- Writing efficient and highly readable code
- Working closely with the UX team and providing own suggestions
- Being responsible for the BE-FE integration and owning frontend projects
Who you are
- At least 3 years of professional experience in Ember, Angular, React, Vue, etc.
- Self-driven personalities with a hunger to learn and improve
- Engineers that are not afraid to make mistakes, but have a passion to do things right
- Strong team players that dare to ask questions
- Permission to work within the EU is a plus
- Fluency in English
- An environment of innovation, accountability, and constructive feedback
- A diverse and multicultural team of over 40 different nationalities
- Grow your role and build your career with our learning and development opportunities.
- A collaborative and inclusive culture of sharing and teamwork. Build connections for life.
- Hybrid working and flexible hours so you can work when and where you feel best
- Some testimonials: “The culture and the people at Kantox make me want to recommend Kantox as a place to work. There is a good balance between learning
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Sponsored learning budget
- Free private health insurance
- Free Spanish, English and French lessons
- Relocation package if needed
- Flexible working hours + short Fridays
- Hybrid work model
- 29 days of annual vacations
- Gym discounts and free sports activities
- Restaurant Ticket with monthly credit and regular cross-team lunches
- Fresh fruit and unlimited coffee
- Pizza Fridays
- Beautiful office with incredible 360-degree views of Barcelona
Kantox is a leading fintech company developing sophisticated Currency Management Automation software solutions that help companies to automate their foreign exchange processes and leverage currencies for growth.
We are a 170-person strong team, split between London and Barcelona. So far, we’ve raised over €30 million and became profitable in 2018. Thanks to our clients, we continue to grow at a fast pace. Clients in 75 countries have already exchanged more than USD $18 billion with us!
In October 2022, BNP Paribas signed an agreement for the acquisition of Kantox. Kantox will continue to operate as an independent company, now with the experience and market power of BNP Paribas behind it. The acquisition is subject to regulatory approvals and is expected to be completed in the coming months.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Kantox is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Kantox employee.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and encourage all applicants regardless of race, religion, or belief (if any), color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, age, marital and civil partnership status, or disability status.