Ohpen, a rising European Fintech scale-up with offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, Slovakia, the UK and Barcelona is looking for an experienced Frontend Engineer to strengthen the development of web applications in the company.
Ohpen has developed the world’s first cloud-native core banking engine for the management of investment, savings, loans and mortgages and is currently expanding in the financial segment.
Your mission is to, together with your multidisciplinary squad (Software Engineers, Technical Writers, Designers…), build high-quality frontend applications. You and your team will work fully DevOps, in a dynamic start-up environment, supported by a Serverless (AWS) infrastructure.
Your team follows a design-driven development strategy and is organized following a lean agile methodology, developing specific MVPs to consolidate knowledge and technology.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT
- You will work in a well organized and structured team with strong software engineering practices, and where things are well documented;
- You will enjoy a flat hierarchy in a self-organized squad where you own your work and manage your own time;
- You will almost start from scratch in our frontend project, which means you have the opportunity to make a big difference and your voice will be heard;
- Work from a beautiful office where Passeig de Gracia meets Diagonal and a flexible work-from-home policy;
- To us, your health matters. Take a break from work and join us in our weekly yoga and crossfit sessions(even remote classes during the pandemic!).
- You are a senior engineer, evident by the way you code as much as by your year’s of experience, and you’re specialized in frontend development;
- You can code web applications that can work and perform anywhere, regardless of the browser, the connection quality, or the device;
- You are proficient in implementing responsive web designs.
HOW YOU WILL BE CHALLENGED
- Your team is still small, so building a new team should be a driver for you;
- Ohpen represents the future of banking IT, not the past. You will be setting precedent, not following it;
- You will be expected to take initiative and responsibility: there is no leaning back at Ohpen;
- You will work in an environment where the backend development is consolidated but the frontend development is still in progress.
For security reasons, we ask you to upload your resume, cover letter, et cetera in PDF-format.