RubiconMD, an innovative healthcare startup bringing better care at lower costs to providers and their patients across the country, is seeking a front-end engineer to join our excellent full stack team. If you’re passionate about having a positive impact by revolutionizing the healthcare system and democratizing access to care, we’d love to learn more about you! Our engineering team is located across the US, but primarily based in New York City and Spain.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build new features for our core application
- Work with our product team when specifying requirements for new features
- Work with our design team to build an easy to use platform
- Build new tooling for our team to sustain our current growth
- Build new integrations with external healthcare providers
- Strategize with your coworkers about the best ways to implement requirements
- Identify weaknesses in our existing codebase, write tests, and improve the code
- Define, measure, and act upon indicators in regards to performance, response times, and numbers of exceptions
- Confer together with a product and project manager with our clients via phone or video conference to identify and solve technical shortcomings
What success looks like:
You provide a stable, well tested, easy to maintain software that allows RubiconMD to deliver on one of its top organizational priorities: providing a reliable, secure, and always available eConsult platform to our providers and the patients they care for.
Success in this role means:
- Our clients receive a dependable, performant product and can utilize RubiconMD to provide care to their patients.
- Our code base will be easy to maintain, and it will be enjoyable to extend our feature set.
- The team will meet its goals in terms of features, test coverage, and performance requirements.
- The design decisions you make with your coworkers will allow for quick growth and enhancements will be easy to define and execute.
- You grow in your role and expand your knowledge and experience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- You write specs or tests
- You are proficient in the basics, like HTML and CSS
- You have knowledge of a code versioning tool, ideally, git
- Experience with TypeScript or other strongly typed languages is a plus
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Experience with Protractor, Selenium, or another e2e testing framework is a plus
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and AWS are a plus
- Comfort working remotely with development teams and a self-motivated mindset to produce great value to the organization
- You enjoy working out technical challenges with your coworkers, some of which work in different time zones
Our Hiring Philosophy
RubiconMD’s founding mission is to democratize medical expertise, so that all patient populations have access to the care they need. In order to deliver on this, we focus on empowering primary care providers, who we believe are the key to a thriving, equitable health care system. It’s no small order, but we can achieve it with the right team. That’s why we hire people with drive and leadership, who are also highly accountable—to each other, to the providers we serve, and to the impact we exist to make.
RubiconMD is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against persons of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nation of origin, age, disability, and genetics.