Founders Pledge is a community of entrepreneurs committed to finding and funding solutions to global challenges. On joining, every member makes a legally binding pledge to donate a percentage of their personal proceeds to charity when they liquidate shares. We then help them understand and elevate their social impact, offering bespoke philanthropic strategies based on the latest evidence from the sector, end-to-end giving infrastructure and a global network of experts, all at zero cost.
Since launching in 2015, the Founders Pledge community has collectively raised over $1 billion for social causes. Spanning 30 countries and over 1100 members, it includes the people behind industry leading companies including Wework, Deepmind, Skype, Spotify, Uber, and Planet. Working across our offices in London, New York, San Francisco and Berlin, we are a growing and passionate team committed to empowering entrepreneurs to do immense good.
About the role
We are looking for a highly talented and motivated Front End Developer with expertise in UI/UX and excellent coding skills, in particular using Vue.js, to join our growing Technology team in Berlin to build on our development capabilities and help technology at Founders Pledge become more agile and responsive.
As a Front End Developer (UI/UX), you will primarily be responsible for the design and front-end development of our website, specifically using Vue.js, ensuring that all the information we are presenting to the world is done so in a clear and engaging way, as well as providing insight and expertise in the best ways to use modern web technologies to make that happen. You will also work on building new functionality for upcoming projects and products, with an overall aim of empowering our members to do immense good by having the information and tools they need, as well as supporting the needs of the teams that make up Founders Pledge across Programmes & Events, Community, Growth and Operations.
You will work in a small but talented development team in our Berlin office made up of a Technical Director, a Full Stack developer, a Back End Developer, supported by our Technology Operations Associate in London.
Reporting to our Technical Director, you will regularly be required to:
* Design changes to our website, including spaces for new content and code the front end
* Maintain and iterate quickly over improvements to the existing website and fix bugs as and when they are discovered
* Work with a variety of teams across Founders Pledge to build front-end capabilities for new product offerings
* Communicate progress with the Technical Director as well as with teams across the organisation
* Establish areas for improvement in our current web presence and develop plans for iterative improvements
This role is perfect for someone who has:
* Practical experience working in web development focusing on front end, ideally within a startup-style environment
* A passion for effective UI and UX design, with previous experience to back it up
* An ability and excitement to learn new technologies quickly
* Knowledge of modern design standards and coding practices
* Great communication skills
It would also be great if you had:
* Familiarity with Tailwind and the Webpack build process
* Practical knowledge of Agile (Scrum) working processes
* Previous experience in a fast-paced, focused working environment
* Knowledge of and interest in philanthropy, effective altruism and charitable giving
- Generous vacation time
- Flexible working
- Team socials and retreats
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Founders Pledge