YouGov is an international research and data analytics group.
Our mission is to supply a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks, so that companies, governments and institutions can better serve the people and communities that sustain them.
We have the best data and the best tools. We continuously challenge conventional approaches to research, and we disrupt our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We trust each other and bring these values into everything that we do.
We are actively looking for a Front-End Web Developer to join our BrandIndex team, who is motivated and able to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
You will be part of the team responsible for building the ‘client-side’ of BrandIndex. This will include the translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce functional and appealing interactive applications. You will develop, enhance and maintain our web applications, but also conduct system and program testing throughout the entire development phase. Working with our teams and stakeholders, you will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, defining how the application looks and operates.
You will report to the Head of BrandIndex Development and interact regularly with other global team members based in Brazil, India, Peru, and the US.
What will I be delivering?
- Develop new and innovative user-facing features for our visual data analytics platform.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimise applications for speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience
- 3-4 years of experience in front-end and software development lifecycle.
- A strong JS background with real world experience with at least one of the following frameworks: Angular, React or Vue.
Technical skills and qualifications
- Fluent in semantic HTML and CSS standard methodologies including server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS, SASS or Stylus.
- Cross-browser development and compatibility testing.
- Familiarity with the Agile development process.
- Knowledge of responsive web design.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.