DataBeacon is a technology startup, committed to disrupting the way aviation processes and services are designed and executed, through a deep understanding of data. By applying Artificial Intelligence to large datasets, we design tools that offer airlines, air traffic controllers and airports new services to reduce their costs, optimize their operations and improve safety. Our in-house developed data platform, BeSt, includes proprietary encryption technology to securely store, merge, analyze and visualize aviation data.
We are a young, multidisciplinary team passionate about the potential of AI in aviation. In our team, machine learning engineers and aviation operational experts work closely together to discover the best technological roadmap to improve aviation.
If you want to develop a professional career working at the cross-roads between Machine Learning and Aviation, DataBeacon is your place and we will be happy to welcome you.
About the position
- A degree in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or a related program.
- Alternatively, enough proven professional experience or outstanding portfolio.
- Demonstrated experience in Flask or Django web frameworks.
- Basic notions of interactive web apps using websockets, eg. in Node.js and sockets.io
In addition to the particular skills of the position, the following skills will be also be considered:
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral). It is the working language at DataBeacon.
- Experience in a developing environment with Agile Scrum and git version control.
- Familiarity with Data Science pipelines, algorithms and applications.
- Knowledge, experience or passion within aviation would be a high plus.
- Some GIS data wrangling experience.
- Insights on building full-stack professional applications.
Additionally, this offer has a unique set of benefits:
- An opportunity to develop a career in Machine Learning focusing on solving real world problems.
- A very horizontal team, where all member provide input and help build a solution from the very beginning, everyone has a voice.
- Access to a variety of interesting datasets: from airlines, airports, air navigation service providers to other aviation stakeholders.
- Integration in a highly qualified, very collaborative, young, international team.
- A beautiful, well-located office in the center of Madrid.
- Flexible schedule and excellent working conditions, possibility to partially work remotely.
- A salary adjusted to skills, experience and education.