TOQIO (toq.io) enables any business, not just banks, to create game changing, data driven, finance propositions that can be rapidly deployed to their customers where and when they need it.
We are currently looking for a talented, passionate and motivated Front End Architect to work on design, integration and technical strategies that will help establish the vision for the future scale of the product experience at TOQIO.
As a Front-end Architect you will:
- Establish the starting point for architectural decisions, patterns and practices, and enterprise architecture scale and efficiencies that will shape how front-end architectures evolve in the company
- Coordinate the technical team and partner with product owners, UX designers, and other teams across the company towards successful analysis, planning, design, and delivery of the solutions
- Collaborate with the VP of Engineering in defining and understanding the business requirements tied to imperative business strategic goals.
- Serve as stakeholder for product experience, and key liaison between the product team and the development team to understand the critical needs of the front-end developer
- Collaborate to shape the definition of TOQIO’s product experience and technical strategy
- Partner with product owners and CTO when making roadmap, design, architectural, and engineering impacting decisions
- Present and communicate the architectural decisions and technical strategies to the development team so they properly understand why the strategies need to be adopted
- Lead the development team in architectural significant proofs-of-concept solutions, to assist them in accelerating the adoption of the technical strategy.
Experience Required and Responsibilities:
- 6+ years of experience building enterprise-level web-applications using ReactJS
- 6+ years of experience in architecting, designing, and developing Software Development Frameworks, APIs, SDKs, and libraries for an enterprise development team to leverage using object-oriented, functional, and/or dynamic scripting languages.
- 6+ years of experience designing and delivering large scale cloud distributed systems with global/international and multi-regional/language support.
- 3+ years architecting and building mobile applications using cross-platform technologies
- Software Engineering background
- Expert knowledge of modern frameworks such as Vue, Flutter..
- Expert understanding of security, reliability, scalability, high availability, and concurrency architectural patterns and solutions.
- Extensive experience leveraging design systems including architecting new components and patterns from scratch.
- Extensive experience architecting and supporting both web and mobile applications, including designing deployment practices and troubleshooting, investigating, and solving production UI functional and performance issues.
- Expert in patterns and solutions that enable evolutionary architectures, leveraging flexibility and creativity when balancing the present technologies with emerging ones when formulating new strategies.
Must have skills:
- English communication skills (feel comfortable expressing yourself)
- Project Management skills (Scrum)
- People management capabilities
- Ability to solve problems by being a creative thinker
- Strategic vision and organizational skills
Nice to have:
- Experience having built CRM, ERM or CMS architectures
- Knowledge of Java, REST APIs
- Knowledge of native mobile technologies for iOS and Android
What we offer:
- TOQIO. People are one of TOQIO’s main assets. We are building a unique best in class team committed to our core values and based in diversity, sustainability and wellbeing.
- The team comprises professionals from leading consulting and banking firms, MBA graduates from top business schools, entrepreneurs, young and talented engineers and PhDs.
- TOQIO’s Founding team; Eduardo Martinez and Michael Galvin are successful entrepreneurs and motivated leaders who have been awarded in different fields. Along with Daniella Lorenzo, Rodrigo Iglesias, Víctor Martín, Arancha Riestra and Jingxuan Xu are leading a talented team full of energy and passion.
- Our core values. TOQIO’s 4Cs are our flagship, we are:
- Curious: Curiosity is the lifeblood of innovation.
- Committed: Shaping TOQIO into a more vibrant place to do business, as well as making our society better.
- Considerate: We’re a diverse and multicultural team that brings many perspectives into our workforce.
- Creative: seeking out of the box thinkers who face challenges head on, and look forward to innovating their way around every obstacle.
- The best place to work. We are working hard to become a great family company.
- Team working: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution oriented discussions.
- Equality & Diversity: Promoting equality and diversity, encouraging a multicultural environment.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Meritocratic: Striving for excellence and rewarding the best.
- The best team. We care the most about our team members.
- Salary proposal for a Front End Architect 40.000€ to 50.000€ gross annual base base salary depending on the candidate’s knowledge and experience
- Leave Period: 25 holiday days of your election.
- Employee Share Scheme: We want all team members to really feel part of TOQIO.
- Flexibility: Working flexibly in the broadest sense, remote working is part of our normal practice at TOQIO but also we offer a Flexible Working Policy. We work up 80% of the time remotely.
- Flexible perks package including private health insurance, entertainment, training, mentoring program, gym...
- We are a British company with a Spanish subsidiary. We have central offices in Madrid, London and in the short term we will open a new office in Nairobi.
- Join an international team with over 15 nationalities and colleagues in Spain, UK, Switzerland, Kenya and India.
- Awards. TOQIO has received several awards and nominations since we launched in 2018:
- Early Metrics TOP 30% International recognition 2019
- Winner of Cuatrecasa Acelera IV 2020
- Lanzadera Growth Phase Startup 2020
- Winner on Corporate Category of Open Finance Appathon 2020 (Open Banking Excellence)
- Finalist Fintech South Summit 2020
- Fintech Third prize Premios Expansión Startup 2020
During this job application, we will ask you to play a couple of short, fun games. These games provide you with the opportunity to showcase your potential, talents, and personality. As a result, we can ensure equal opportunities for everyone who applies, by evaluating everyone based on objective insights rather than gut feeling. And as we value personal growth and transparency, we will make sure you receive your results as well.
Thanks so much for taking the time to check TOQIO, we are really looking forward to hearing from you!
Our modular approach lets clients use pre-built TOQIO products to easily create personalised applications to power their propositions. We have initially developed 3 products which can be configured to deploy innovative whitelabel Business Finance Applications and change the way business banking is deliverer to their customers;
Digital Banking, the simplest, quickest and most efficient way to deploy a full digital banking proposition to the market
Marketplace: Our customers are able to access a range of pre-integrated technologies and services to deliver a better overall financial experience;
Business Intelligence: Powerful APIs connected to accounting, banking and other financial applications giving us a wealth of SME customer insight, and allow us to automate the delivery of financial products.