Here at Hudl, our goal is to change the way teams, players and analysts prepare for matches, make in-game decisions and stay ahead of their competition. Our products are used by over 4.5 million players globally, from the world’s elite sports teams to an amateur level.
We’re looking to improve the live data, reports, visualisation and analytics products that elite football teams use. To do that, we’re building a team that will be highly knowledgeable about the information sports teams want but also have expertise in data science to deliver them.
You will spend time with the teams or leagues, understanding the insights and information would be valuable to them. You will be working with a rich data set (eg player tracking or raw event data) that will come from multiple sources. You will be responsible for taking this and improving how teams can get value and insights from them. This work will be closely aligned with our R&D team and future product development.
You will also work as part of our professional services team, spending time with our clients advising them on how they can better utilise performance analysis and scouting data.
You will be an accomplished analytical expert with experience using standard data science tools like R or Python. You will ideally have experience within the football industry (ideally within a club) with a deep understanding of the problems teams are looking to overcome.
- Analytical. Demonstrable experience in an analytical/ data science role, dealing with rich data sets.
- Technical. Knowledge of Python/R or similar.
- Curious. Comfortable spending time with football clubs to understand the insights they are looking for.
- Experimental. Happy to create your own products or reports from scratch.
- Autonomous. Comfortable working under your own direction towards a high-level strategy.
- Treat you like an adult. We trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. Use an unlimited amount of annual leave when you want and how you want.
- Take care of you. Our supportive perks and benefits package will look after you and your family.
- Reward you. Bonus and stock options on offer.
- Thrill you. Provide tickets to a sports team of your choice and fund the travel!
- Develop you. We will understand where you want to grow and provide the qualifications or experience that you need to get there.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.