Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT), is leading the innovation of technology for video delivery and cable access networks. We strive to help our customers deliver exceptional viewing experiences worldwide. The company was created in Silicon Valley 25 years ago and has been expanding ever since. With offices in over 110 countries, we are able to recruit the best talent to create tomorrow’s video and cable access solutions, today.
We offer a flexible and fulfilling work environment with the ability to help our employees learn, grow and evolve throughout their career.
More information is available at www.harmonicinc.com.
We are looking for our new Field Service Engineer!
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) performs installation, integration, configuration, commissioning, test, software upgrade, technical audit, system migration, training, tuning, troubleshooting, and break/fix activities for Harmonic appliances and VOS Cloud based digital media Distribution and Playout solutions for EMEA customers. The regional Field Service Engineers (FSE) is primary resource for providing on-site or remote Customer support and troubleshooting.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering technical support to Harmonic Customers in the designated region, both on-site and remotely.
- Provision of system commissioning and Customer acceptance testing.
- Provide on-site and remote support for Harmonic hardware and software applications.
- Resolving equipment performance issues within Harmonic equipment and in conjunction with Application Partners, utilizing Harmonic’s technical issue logging/escalation systems as appropriate.
- Provision of technical and operational training to Harmonic Customers and Partners.
- Use of the Harmonic internal Customer Relationship Management databases to ensure accurate logging of relevant details.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of ‘system-wide’ situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve Customer issues on site in a timely manner and if needed escalate problems for assistance.
- Use independent, professional judgment to avoid errors that would impact Customer Service.
- Regular follow up of the customer overall Service and Support situation to ensure Service Level Agreements are properly delivered to
- Take part of 24/7 on-call rotation whenever needed to ensure Service Level Agreements entitlements.
- Become the reference technical point of contact for a selected SLA customer subset in order to proactively build extensive customer systems technical knowledge as well as workflows and operational processes.
- Working knowledge/experience with Video origination, playout, processing and distribution over IP: studios, playout, head ends for Satellite, terrestrial, IPTV, OTT, transcoding, origin/packaging, CDN is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge/experience with video/audio compression formats (MPEG) and familiarity with the DVB broadcast and multimedia industry.
- Knowledge/experience with IT infrastructures and server-based technologies, including Unix/Linux systems, Virtual Machines, Docker, orchestration, micro-services.
- Networking knowledge/experience with Ethernet, routers, switches, hubs, TCP/IP, CIFS, NFS, DHCP and Active Directory Integration.
- Certification CCNA or equivalent is a plus.
- Knowledge/experience of Cloud based technologies and architecture including an understanding of AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, … would be advantageous.
- Disk storage technologies knowledge/experience including SAS, NAS, SAN, SCSI, Fibre Channel, RAID would be a plus.
Years of Experience Required:
A minimum of three years of relevant work experience is required although would consider a Postgraduate with relevant education and strong understanding of the technologies described in the skills section.
Areas of Direct Experience:
Experience in installing and supporting appliances or cloud base, VM Ware or bare metal solutions for the Digital Video/Broadcast and/or IT Storage Industries is a major plus. Knowledge of digital video and audio broadcast technology and operational practices, experience with products that transport, encode, compress, store and play out audio and video media for the Broadcast Industry, with a strong emphasis on a systems perspective. Some pre-sales technical support may also be required to augment the existing pre-sales technical capabilities in the region.
A technical college degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science preferred, or equivalent work experience is acceptable.
Travel and Location:
This position is based in Spain – Harmonic office in Madrid. It requires travel within the EMEA Region on regular basis 15% and from time to time, based on short notice.
Fluent English and Spanish is a must to have. Any other EMEA language is a plus.