Whisbi is how the world's biggest companies are starting sales conversations with their customers.
Whisbi has been shortening sales cycles for large enterprises for ten years, by delivering conversational solutions that engage customers in the exact moment a sales decision occurs.
Whisbi's solutions blend voice, messaging and video communication, with AI and conversational expertise in specific industry verticals. What this means is that companies can quickly build sustainable sales flows around complex organizations and business rules.
Global enterprises such as AT&T, Vodafone, Toyota, Hyundai and Sky trust Whisbi to coordinate their assisted and unassisted sales. Whisbi is always the channel with the highest close rate.
To cut to the chase, this is what we do:
About the role
As a VP of Engineering, you will help Whisbi’s software achieve the best quality and reliability.
You will be leading our Engineering team to create and escalate a first-of-its-kind Conversational Sales Software. You will be managing different teams of very diverse and senior software engineers. You will own the engineering roadmap and work closely with our CEO, CTO, VP of Product and executive leadership team to execute on a product strategy that will make or break our business.
About the team
At Whisbi we care about a platform that manages millions of requests by day from some of the top companies of the world. We do this with a huge variety of technologies, solutions, and infrastructure to reach the performance expected.
Our Engineering Team is very experienced in both startup and enterprise engineering, leading a solution that works. They are responsible for their own activities and make sure experiences are reliable. They are all amazing learners and flexible problem-solvers.
Most team members have serious experience in startup engineering. It is a different game, and we are shipping at least once a week to full enterprise systems. Many have 10+ years experience, and have owned their own companies. These are the people who have enough battle experience to architect solutions that can be built fast, destroyed safely, and scaled easily when the time comes.
How do we work?
At Whisbi we care about shipping real value to customers fast. We do this with an integrated product/engineering team that is lean, powerful and fast.
We always work with well validated strategic customer problems and solutions that have already been experience tested with rapid prototypes in the field - before we consider building.
We combine strategic viewpoints in product and engineering to reduce scope, so our tactical executions are always small and rapid. Quick to deliver, quick to learn, so as a team we course correct early.
We work in an agile environment, taking care of the current ecosystem of solutions, with a clear milestone of quality, performance, and reliability.
What you'll be doing on the team
- Manage and lead the Engineering team. The majority of them are remote. You would be mentoring and coaching them from both a human and tech perspective.
- Ensure the team’s engagement, making sure each engineer feels developed while delivering the best services
- Set ambitious goals for your team. Keep them engaged and improve themselves quarter over quarter.
- You will help the Talent Team in the recruitment activities, when needed, helping to get the best candidates
- Own the engineering plan and schedule; keep the team on track to meet product milestones
- Manage relationships with outside contractors to complete mission-critical projects
- Support the leadership team, directors, managers and team members to make consistent and progressive steps toward organizational consistency and impact; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve these goals
- Set standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and that they are consistent.
- Keep up to date on new developments in the field of engineering and maintain current, up to date code compliance.
- Support the DevOps area to ensure that the code developed meets our security requirements.
- Support CTO and VP of Product in ensuring effective and timely status tracking and delivery of Release Plan Milestones, directly being responsible for the program management team developments and improvements on efficiency
- Communicate with customers in specific cases to determine needs and applications relative to special installations and adaptations.
- You have previous solid experience in leading engineering teams/organizations
- You have a strong ability to drive a flourishing Engineering culture, with proven experience in scaling engineering teams
- You have worked on large-scale distributed services in the past
- You have an advanced degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field
- You have experience in working strictly with Product Management to break down large, complex projects into multiple teams with rapid iterative milestones and clear outcomes, to produce a predictable product and engineering roadmaps
- You are a tech guru with extensive experience in Go, Node.js and Angular
- Experience in Native Mobile App will be a plus.
- Previous experience in Saas companies is highly desirable
- You have an exceptional leadership presence, internally and externally proving outstanding communication skills
- You have a flexible and adaptable attitude, able to switch when needed and act fast
We can offer you a great culture and the following perks:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible compensation plan with tax-free benefits
- Career progression opportunities
- Flexible schedule
- Fully remote work options - but we also have an amazing co-working space in the city center of Barcelona
- Gym sponsorship in Barcelona
- 23 days holiday - you choose when to enjoy them
- Yoga classes
- Fun environment & team: company events, celebrations, etc.
- Online languages courses
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Remote and Flexible culture!
We want to hire the best talent without any geographical restrictions.
That is why we are open to recruiting people placed anywhere. What's important for us is talent, passion, and motivation to join our team.
We have a physical office in Barcelona, Madrid and NYC. But all those employees located in these three cities, can either decide to go to the office or stay at home... daily, and with no limits!