Packlink aims to be the fastest-growing global provider of shipping services and technology.
We’re building the ideal shipping platform for private customers and businesses. Shipping is a complex endeavor and small to midsize companies need to be able to easily handle the shipping needs of their day-to-day work. With our technology, SMBs can improve their shipping experience and deliver a premium service to their customers.
At Packlink, we work on interdisciplinary teams with clearly defined responsibilities that maximise individual talents to further common goals.
Do you live and breathe engineering in all of its aspects? If you can see yourself both inspiring / mentoring those around you and thriving in your code, then this is the perfect opportunity for you to drive a dynamic engineering team in a growing company.
The Packlink Engineering Team is looking to incorporate Engineering Team Leads to help our talented Software Engineers unlock their potential, both personally and professionally.
You will bring excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to this role, working with talented people in an effort to understand their needs and help them progress in their careers.
The team lead role is a combination of the technical expertise of a software engineer with additional responsibility around the happiness and productivity of a cross-functional team. You’ll expected to be a people, process, and technical leader for the team. You'll not only lead and mentor one of these teams but also you’ll have the chance to actively participate in developing fancy solutions.
Your team will be made up of software engineers and QA software engineers working in concert with a product manager.
- Tons of microservices, with more than 60 in production
- More than 3.6K requests per minute... are you up for the challenge?
- Event oriented architecture
- An awesome design system for creating a product with more consistent user experiences
- DevOps mentality
- A great QA Assistant approach
- A growing team at a fast paced environment
- A company with more than 15 nationalities.
- Last but not least, great people to work with ;)
What you will be doing:
- You’ll find the perfect balance between code and management. It doesn’t matter if you’re in a early management stage of your career
- Working within the Engineering Management Team, reporting directly to Engineering Managers
- Contributing key elements to take the team to the next level;
- Conducting regular 1:1 meetings with the people you manage, giving and receiving feedback;
- Coaching and mentoring, executing best practices;
- Helping individuals determine the best way to reach their professional goals;
- Managing performance and providing useful, timely feedback;
- Guiding engineers to the right training courses, conferences, and potential stretch projects;
- Coordinating with other Engineering Managers to maintain common strategies and goals regarding people growth;
- Contributing to management best practices that help us become an exceptional workplace for the ambitious, highly motivated people we hire;
- Participating in hiring processes and in decision making about new candidates;
- Collaborating cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions;
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices
- Maintaining a supportive and engaging team culture;
- Leading by example, actively advocating for high-quality, well-tested code.
- Experience programming in a professional environment, it doesn’t matter if you’re more intro Backend, Frontend, QA, Cloud
- Demonstrated talent as a mentor and leader. We bet you still remember the last time you helped someone achieve their career goals and also an interesting story about shipping great software on-time and on-budget.
- Strong technical skills that will allow you to contribute new fresh ideas in order to make good technical decisions, provide technical feedback to your team through code reviews, and write code alongside your teammates.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also team oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
- We are an international company, reading and speaking in English is needed. We require at least a B2.
- It would be valuable to have a degree in Computer Science or related technical/scientific discipline.
Depending on your background:
- For backend: Solid experience with Java >8 and it’s functional bits. Knowledge/ experience with Scala is a big plus.
- For QA: Hands-on experience in a web automation project with Selenium WebDriver or similar automation frameworks
- For Cloud: Wide experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies. Our infrastructure is deployed in GCP but if you have experience in AWS or Azure will be good too.
- Experience with microservices (or distributed systems) architecture is a plus.
- Have worked in a scale up environment.
- Have experience working in a remote first setup.
- ✔️ Competitive salary package. We're looking for the right person. Annual salary offer: 50.000-65.000 €
- 📙 Personal Training Budget.
Up to 2000€/year training budget (certifications, conferences attendance…) for investing in your professional development. We want to help you to improve your technical skills, feel involved in the tech community, and develop your soft skills in order to lead teams or manage other stakeholders.
- 🗺️ Languages classes on a weekly basis.
Thirsty of knowledge? Learn a new language by joining our free English/Spanish/French classes. In groups of 4-5 people, you can connect and enjoy learning your favourite language with one of our great coaches.
- 📈 Engineering Career Path.
A career growth plan, created by engineers for engineers. You can check it in our blog (The Path to our Career Path - Medium)
- 📖 Learning weekly initiatives.
Share is caring, join us for our weekly Learning Meetings. Be the driver or the attendant, you choose!
- 💬 Be an active part of the tech community.
Opportunity to attend and participate in local and international technological events. We are doing really cool things and we feel really proud to share them!
- 👕 Our culture is our aim to be.
A young and upbeat work environment. Leave your suit behind; we’re a t-shirt and converse kind of place.
- 🌍 International environment for developing your cross-cultural skills.
A truly international team: 10 languages, 15 nationalities working in the same company. Also, our company language is English and all internal communication and open meetings are in English.
- 💻 Configure your workstation.
Whether you prefer Mac or Linux (or Windows…), 1 additional screen or 2… enjoy your brand-new work from home set-up essentials.
- 🏡 We like overcoming barriers
Bring your talent and work from home. (After COVID situation, now we are fully remote). We are able to look for the best combination of remote and office-days. From 3 days WFH per week up to 3 days per month working in the office with your team we are happy to configure your perfect scheme.
- ⚖️ Work-life balance.
If you have kids or you want to go to the gym at the morning… Your work-life balance is really important for us! Our work-time scheme is flexible and you only need to share your preferences with your manager. We will find the best fit for you!
- 🏐 Health and Wellness.
We care about you! You can choose between the gym membership, physiotherapy sessions or private health insurance, 100% free! Also, we have psychological assistance free of charge.
- 🏟️ Company events.
Work hard, play hard! We do our best every day even in our regular team-building events. Now it will be remote but we hope to come back again!
- 💰 Flexible Salary.
We work with Cobee in order to save taxes with our reflex plan: transport, restaurant and kindergarten.
- 💸 Great and transparent compensation policy.
We included the salary ranges in all job offers in order to be clear about our expectations. In addition, we will discuss this range with you in the first recruiting call to assure that we are aligned.