XING Events we are responsible for the events and communities part of
the XING social network. Our goal is to create valuable experiences for
our users by engaging with other users, either in an offline event or
meeting, or in one of our
many online communities. For that we are offering e.g. the events market (xing.com/events), the communities (xing.com/communities) and also an online event ticketing solution (en.xing-events.com/our-services/ticketing).
We are a XING SE subsidiary currently employing around 80 people. Always keeping our vision in mind: “For people moments that matter”.In our Barcelona office, we are looking for a passionate leader for a new engineering team. You will be part of the XING Events business unit, that is also located in Munich, Germany. You will work on existing and new products that engage users to
communicate offline and online.
A challenging task
- Lead and grow an engineering team of up to six engineers who work in cross-functional platform teams with focus on services and APIs built on Ruby on Rails, React, iOS, and Android.
- Be a servant leader who manages dependencies and helps clear impediments out of your agile teams’ way
- Work closely with the Product Owner and your team to find effective technical solutions which get the job done and scale in speed, size, and extensibility.
- Motivate your team members as you support them to reach mastery in their skills and give them clear messages about their purpose and team identity
- Manage and control engineering resources to foster teams of high motivation and outcomes
- Contribute massively with your passion and hands-on to our new features and products that engage users to meet and exchange online and offline, or innovate existing ones such as such as com/communities.
A convincing background
- You have some experience leading a cross-functional teams; you have at least one year of experience in managing people in a software engineering environment.
- You have professional working background in software engineering, so you know what your staff faces in their daily lives and give high-level advice and stability.Ideally, you have a Computer Science degree
- Developing, testing, releasing and monitoring software has been a focal point of your career and you do not shy away from deep diving into technical issues
- You are a trusted person and you understand people, you support them and can offer them tailored development paths that bring out their best
- You have a good sense of humor, an unpretentiousness and humbleness towards other people and are eager to work in a multicultural environment.
- You can communicate openly and clearly in English, German is a nice to have, but not mandatory
An inspiring environment
XING offers a dynamic environment. As well as flexible working hours, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses in addition to German, English and Spanish lessons, regular team and offsite events, and lots of fun. We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as a Ticket Restaurant. And let’s not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You’ll also be provided with a high-end Macbook, and our offices have a pool table. As well as various other benefits….