Wallbox is a global scale-up from Barcelona, born in 2015 and dedicated to changing the way the world uses energy. We create smart charging systems for electric vehicles that combine cutting-edge technology with an outstanding design, because we believe that design is as essential as technology. And in order to provide an integrated experience, the communication between the car and the charger is managed via an easy-to-use App.
Wallbox operates in over 40 countries and has offices in Barcelona, Madrid, China, and the US. We are a team of dreamers, doers, and makers, working worldwide to lead the path to sustainable electric transportation. More than 300 dedicated experts of over 20 different nationalities work together on achieving this goal.
We are powered by a culture of trust and innovation, something we have to earn every day by living up to our values. This culture has shown to be rewarding in many ways - amongst them, the creation of the world’s first bidirectional charger, the Quasar, and the recognition as the best of CES 2020 in transportation technology.
We have closed our second tranche of series A investment, bringing the total round to €23M. Have we also mentioned our brand-new headquarters in Barcelona?
At the end of the day, working at Wallbox is at the same time challenging, fun and rewarding. If you like the idea of a dynamic environment, desire to work alongside an incredibly talented, fast-growing team and believe in the future of sustainable transportation, this is the place for you.
Are you ready to change the world with us?
The Engineering Project Manager is an integral part of the engineering development team and will be responsible for executing a broad range of product development oversight and coordinations for product manufacturing. As engineering project manager, your main responsibilities will be to:
- End-to-end ownership of the product development execution from concept to manufacturing
- Receive high level requirements and concept from product managers and analyze project feasibility with technology teams (electronics, mechanics, software)
- Responsible for project planning, execution and monitoring through the product life cycle, working closely with the engineering team and product managers
- Act as the project champion and the point of contact between engineering and other departments such as operations and product
- Develop and maintain an interactive product development timeline that shows the details of the development
- Develop and maintain a progress tracker that details and accounts for the variety of engineering development tasks needed during a product lifecycle
- Coordinating the activities of cross functional engineering teams (HW, SW, Validation)
- Work with multiple cross functional operations teams, including: Supply Chain, Quality, Industrialization, Manufacturing.
- Work closely with product managers and service engineers to tackle issues in the field
- Report to the Project Management Office, and keep the project stakeholders up to date about the project status including changes to scope, milestones and risks
- Use great interpersonal and communication skills to build and sustain relationships with other people involved in the project
- Collaboration and reporting skills to provide project telemetry
- Fluent spoken and written English skills, at least level C1
- +2 years of Hardware development background (electronics/electrical, industrial engineering or similar studies) with hands on skills and experience
- +3 years experience in HW development project management from concept to manufacturing (production line)
- Experience working closely with in-house teams as well as outsourced providers
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Ability to work cross functionally between engineering and operations teams
- Communicate effectively with technology team members, product managers and business stakeholders
- Capable to manage details while seeing the big picture – and accomplishing it
- Formal training in project management practices preferred (e.x. V model HW development with agile/adaptive project management)
- Experience in similar roles in multi-cultural and high-tech environments
- Ability to take the end-to-end product ownership
- Ability to understand complex development projects and identify critical elements
- Ability to think out of the box, and be solution oriented
- Analytical skills and be data-driven
- Experience working with Jira, Confluence, MS project, G-Suite
Nice to have
- Fluent spoken and written Spanish skills
- Experience with project management of the development and delivery of consumer electronics
- Knowledge and experience in renewable energy and electric vehicles
- 100% company paid private medical insurance, including dental coverage, after six months
- Attractive compensation package
- Flexible working hours
- Friday afternoons off
- Possibility of working remotely (partially)
- Opportunity to advance your payroll (under request)
- Unlimited coffee & beverages
- Language classes (English & Spanish)
- Sports channel, which offers online classes until our gym is opened
- Monthly “All Hands” & other team events
- Brand new canteen with a variety of breakfast and lunch dishes, everyday, for a discounted price
- Brand new offices in Zona Franca
- Over 20 different nationalities
- No suits! Unless it’s Carnival or Halloween
Please upload your CV in English or provide a link to your linkedin page if it is equivalent to your CV.
*At Wallbox, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.
About Wallbox Chargers
St. Andreu de la Barca, Barcelona, Spain