Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalised care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy daycare. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents. We’re the European hub of a VC-backed Tech startup headquartered in Seattle. You will join an amazing and ambitious global team. In Europe, we’re an international team with about 27 nationalities represented in Barcelona. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World’s Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we’re going to say it anyway) we love animals, and we wouldn’t dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we’re looking for
Rover seeks an Engineering Manager to lead a team of talented Engineers in Barcelona. You will work closely with stakeholders and Product Managers to deliver on our Company’s commitment to fostering a safe experience for all users and pets. Your team will be responsible for building out features to maximise the supply economics and work with both the Rover Services and Adjacencies business units.
Through mentorship and problem solving you’ll help your team deliver their projects on time at a high level of quality. You’ll partner with a Product Manager to develop, prioritise, and execute your team’s roadmap. Together with your tech lead, you’ll guide the architecture and implementation strategy for what your engineers build. You’ll also be responsible for supporting the career growth and personal development of the engineers on your team.
- Using agile methodologies to prioritise, estimate, and deliver projects efficiently
- Driving your team’s hiring and onboarding processes
- Mentoring and developing the engineers on your team, including setting their goals and delivering their reviews
- Working with product managers to build out and execute your team’s strategic vision and roadmap
- Working with tech leads to flesh out technical requirements and advocate for your team’s engineering investments
- Fostering your team’s engineering excellence and controlling their technical debt
- Coordinating projects with cross-team dependencies
- Communicating project status and issues to stakeholders
- Your values align with Rover’s Core Values, and you are highly motivated by the opportunity and responsibility to foster a safe environment for our community.
- You have experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum/Kanban/XP
- You have experience with delivering features for large-scale consumer-facing websites and mobiles apps. This should include two or more of the following
- 2+ years managing individual contributors on a software engineering team
- 2+ years as a senior engineer or technical lead, with a track record of successfully planning and executing complex technical projects
- Substantial experience with Rover’s technology stack (Python / Django, React, React Native, Swift, Kotlin, Docker, Elastic Search, AWS)
- The position is located at our Barcelona office.
- Applicants must currently have the right to live and work in Spain. We can help with relocation assistance though!
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high-quality, scalable, and supportable solutions.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline and automated testing. Our engineers just merge their branches and it ships.
- We are serious about the quality of our product operations and constantly monitor our systems and applications to early-detect anomalies.
- We're data-driven and believe in informing many of our decisions through experimentation.
- Our feature teams represent small autonomous business units with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side.
- We are friendly, supportive, and respectful, and we pay attention to the impact and quality of our work as well as keeping a work/life balance.
- And, dogs in the office!
Benefits of working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Free Tuesday breakfast and every other Thursday free company lunch (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more (currently on hold due to COVID-19)
Due to COVID-19, Rover Employees are not required to be in office until October 2021 at the earliest. All new hires will be expected to work from the Barcelona office after October.
Please submit your CV in English.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.