FilledThis offer is not available anymore
Schibsted Media Group is an international media group with 6800 employees in 31 countries. From Mexico to Malaysia, from Brazil to Norway – millions of people interact with Schibsted companies every day: We ensure that all sorts of things can be sold, from new and old sofas to coffee machines and any sort of valuable items. We also make it possible for news reports to be read and watched whenever, wherever and in any way users want. These two examples are just some of the ways our services empower people all around the world in their daily lives.
Schibsted Technology is the technology division within Schibsted, with offices in many cities around the world, including London, Stockholm, Barcelona and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves and the status quo. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
One of the missions of Schibsted Technology is to develop the global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create developer pipelines, big data processing, media management, payment, security and identity systems. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we are able to harness huge amounts data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we have a winning combination.
At Schibsted Technology we face a massive scale in highly critical production environments on a daily basis, a huge amount and diversity of users, large systems, lots of great teams and employees, etc. This massive scale comes with unique challenges both from technical and operational perspectives. If you want exposure to large scale environments as well as exposure to best of breed technologies (AWS, Mesos, Spinnaker, Docker, ...) this role is for you.
With global expansion and growing brand recognition, security is becoming a very big challenge for us. We are currently looking for an Engineering Manager for Security to assume leadership over teams and projects related to continuous security, security monitoring, intrusion prevention, systems hardening, and vulnerability and malware detection and prevention, access management, etc.
To be successful in this role, you will need a strong background in engineering leadership, including a proven ability to set a vision for your team, effectively evaluate and attract talent, assess performance and develop strong relationships with partners. Technically, you should have a strong technical background on security and great understanding of distributed systems. If you have worked on challenges related to Access Management, PKI, Penetration Testing, Security Assessment, etc from the most technical point of view and you have great passion and talent that could motivate teams to reach high potential we want to hear from you.
- Built and led high performing engineering teams.
- Attracted and developed senior level talent.
- Driven security product/platform innovation and vision.
- Evangelized security product/platform and seen it to widespread adoptionInfluence teams to enhance collaboration, agility and motivation.
- Maintain close contact with technologyEngage and participate in the security community.
- Proactivity and ability to move in very dynamic environments.
- More than 10 years of experience working in computer security.
- Awesome communication skillsSignificant proven hands on experience on security engineering.
- Understanding of key security concepts such as authentication, authorization, cryptography, etc.
- Detailed technical knowledge of networking, applications and operating system security.
- Strong understanding about vulnerabilities models and how to make systems and software more secure.
- Experience with web technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and related protocols.
- Knowledge about DevOps culture and its implications for security.
- Solid understanding of public cloud models (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Google Compute or App Engine, etc.) and its security implications.
- Willing to travel occasionally, mainly to Barcelona, London, Oslo and Stockholm.
- See computer security and its challenges as a game and enjoy it.