WHO ARE WE?
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to take the hassle out of payments at work. We’re based in Paris but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 with eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivvy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 1200+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised two rounds of funding: our first €8 million came from European angels and VCs, just 12 months after our first €2 million.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 13 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
When we’re not coding, writing, demoing, and helping answer questions, you’ll find us eating sushi, playing Nerf war, traveling abroad, and having drinks after a good day of work.
Our team values
*We’re all owners
*Go for it boldly and without fear of failure.
*Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
*Proactively seek out ways to grow.
*Always run the extra mile
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an Engineering Manager, your main focus is your team delivery speed. You'll have to follow and optimise individual and team performance, overseeing developers from several squads in order to keep the feedback loop short. As Spendesk wants to offer employees an environment where they can grow and thrive, you'll be a mentor and the guarantor of the well-being of the team.
You'll handle regular 1:1s and performance reviews with the developers, meaning you will follow projects closely and be involved in the daily work with everyone. Keeping a high level of confidence from the team is key to get proper feedbacks and improve the communication.
As a good personal organisation is really important to keep the productivity high, you'll have a project management responsibility, meaning that even if developers should be able to manage their own tasks and roadmaps, it's up to you to make sure it's done correctly.
They'll also be responsible of identifying missing profiles in their squads and hire freelancers or negotiate a full-time resource (internally or externally) to complete their mission.
* React and Redux for our front-end
* Babel and Webpack to transpile ES6 code
* Sass for CSS processing
* Native mobile apps (Swift and Kotlin)
* Node.js for our backend applications
* REST and GraphQL APIs
* MySQL for data storage, Redis for some cache
* Travis CI for continuous integration and AWS for hosting
* At least 4+ years of experience in development with respect to state-of-the-art practices
* Strong experience in designing large scale frontend applications
* Experience in mentoring and leadership
* Experience in project management and strategy
* Good communication skills, in English and in French
* Autonomy, fast-learning and proactiveness
* You are a HACKER: you are comfortable with ambiguity, you love technical challenges, to prototype and to find creative ways to solve problems in the shortest timeframe.
* You are a DOER: “tomorrow” is not part of your vocabulary. You get shit done!
We are looking for talented and passionate managers to help us build and scale our team. If you love building and designing efficient and reliable products, and have a strong taste for mentoring people this job may well be for you! Having a first successful management experience is a plus 😉
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
* Key moment to join Spendesk in term of growth and opportunities 🚀
* Competitive salary, based on experience 💸
* Open for remote 🔭 and hours friendly 🕰
* The laptop of your choice 💻
* Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit🤘
* The most incredible team in town 👫👯👬
* 13 Nationalities, half of the company don't speak French. 🇩🇪🇬🇧🇦🇹🇲🇦🇩🇿🇧🇪🇨🇮🇮🇪🇺🇸🇦🇺🇳🇿🇰🇿🇫🇷
* Cool offices located in the Silicon Sentier (75010, Paris)
* Free snacks and coffee ☕
* Gifts powered by Briq, our internal virtual currency 🦄
* Thursday's beers 🍻with the team
* Lunchr cards 💳🍽
* Transportation (50%)
Want to take it to the next level? Join us now 🚀